2nd row delete sleeping platform (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everybody has different needs but it seems to me there is a bit of an incongruity between needing 3-4 person seating when you have only two person sleeping.

Everybody has different needs but it seems to me there is a bit of an incongruity between needing 3-4 person seating when you have only two person sleeping.

I'm not suggesting those two events will overlap on the same day. I'm suggesting most people will have those two events happen over the course of a season - or a week. Uninstalling and reinstalling second row flooring seems like a pain for anyone that uses their rig to carry three people with any sort of regularity.

That's why we made the SS1 system really quick to install/remove and kept complete second row functionality and sleeping functionality simultaneously. I think that Goose Gear setup is kinda like the Trekboxx systems - they're great if you're vehicle is dedicated to a very specific purpose, but they reduce the vehicle's overall versatility in everyday life.

I tried to order the 2nd row only for the GG platform and they said it need the rear cargo area platform as well. Seems odd but I ended up just removing the seats and will use the brackets as tie down points. I need the cargo and for my dogs.

To make a sleep platform work with seat delete- build the platform in 2 sections- one for the 3rd row and one for the second row to make a matched flat and long surface. When I created my second row platform, I had fridge and power system mind for that space with easy access to stuff other things underneath. To me, one nice thing about the second row platform is that you can position heavier gear in the center of the truck. Personally I wouldn't sleep inside my truck unless it was the only available option, I'd rather pitch a tent than unpack all my gear from the truck to sleep.

FWIW Second row seats go in or come out in about 20-30min- big one weighs about 90lbs the small about 45lbs. The platform comes out in about 10 minutes through the passenger doors and hangs on my garage wall. I had intended to remove the second row platform and reinstall the seats after my last trip out west, but it's been so dang versatile I left it in. Useful mod if you don't need to regularly carry passengers.

Simply if all you want is to sleep in the truck for a few nights, you dont need a platform. Just run the DS/PS seats forward, fold the second row down and put a couple of 3" foam camping mats over them. You'll have a slight incline but its hardly noticeable.

I've slept on my KISS drawers once...The lack of padding aside, getting in and out was painful... That said, I like the idea of removing the larger 2nd row seat to put in storage. My only rear passengers are the dogs.

Actually quite easy to unbolt them,

When they are “lifted” and sitting vertically you can remove the covers and unbolt them, they are locked into their brackets so you just lift em up and a little pivoting and they come right out.

NOW, the larger one is HEAVY! and a beast to mange by yourself without dragging it out the back.
I’m 6’4” @220 and I can do it. The smaller one is obviously easier.

The brackets your left with can be removed but you need to take the carpet up, be careful as I tore a nice pair of 5.11 pants towards my rear end when I caught one of the “nubs” that stick out.

I’m going to get the TT brackets for our next Ocracoke trip as chilling in the back of the LC is great in the fall!

Figured I could build a nice angled head area and flat platform for cheap, then secure it to the TT adapters.

I remember another company that had these and they died, good job TT!

Last edited:
I fabbed my own second row platform based on the concept from GG. Made it from 12mm (1/2") baltic birch plywood and coated it with Upol raptor liner. All in with a 4x5 plywood sheet, raptor liner, hardware for under $200. I asked Jason at @TRAIL TAILOR to come up with a set of brackets to bolt the platform to the seat mounts. Worked out great. Holds my 63qt fridge, goal zero and some other stuff.

Rear Seat Delete Brackets are on his website.

View attachment 2165248

View attachment 2165256

View attachment 2165257

View attachment 2165258

View attachment 2165259

Welp, after this weekend's trip to Big Bend I've decided to delete the 2nd row and built a platform in its place. I just ran across this thread. I don't see the TT seat delete brackets on the website. Since you've already gone down this road, do you have any tips/thoughts that you can share before I get started?

Welp, after this weekend's trip to Big Bend I've decided to delete the 2nd row and built a platform in its place. I just ran across this thread. I don't see the TT seat delete brackets on the website. Since you've already gone down this road, do you have any tips/thoughts that you can share before I get started?
Hey Joe-

The platform has pros and cons(like everything we mod on these trucks).

PM Jason he’s probably got a few sets of mounts laying around. The platform I designed and the mounts Jason made for me is intended to securely hold my fridge with easy access through the second row doors- it’s low so I can get into the fridge and it’s not ideal for sleeping.
My drawers sit a 4-5” higher than the platform- it’s stepped. I did make a small insert that sits on top of the main platform if I needed to sleep but it’s only about 20”wide. I carry a small 2man tent if I need to overnight on the trail somewhere.

FYI Sleeping in the truck is for youngsters -buy a Gazelle tent for multi day stays or a quality quick
pitch tent

You’ve got my number, ping me if you have questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom