2F vs V8 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog said:
There is a guy on Pirate right now with a Twisted Customs rock buggy that has a 4.7 Lexus dirvetrain in it.

Dope put CJ skins on it :rolleyes:

Careful there Nolen....Austin will light you up for talk like that... ;)

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366532&page=6

He is a Jeep guy to the bone....

I am looking forward to seeing this first hand. Mike is a good guy. I am glad that he finally building something that he will not have to wrench on all the time. Appears to be a pretty sweet set up....

:beer:

'bout as silly as a small block in a Land Crusier or a Jeep. :)

j/k

Poser said:
'bout as silly as a small block in a Land Crusier or a Jeep. :)

j/k

Screw that,

It is EXACTLY as silly as putting a Chebby motor in a cruiser.

Grog, you need a Firehawk hood..

Mace said:
Screw that,

It is EXACTLY as silly as putting a Chebby motor in a cruiser.

Grog, you need a Firehawk hood..

uhm....

Whats a Firehawk?

Twin turbo'd and intercooled 2UZ-FE...
Backed by an auto, a toybox, and an Atlas II
Biggest F---ing aluminum radiator I can fit under the hood.
Sunray 1550 front end with 35 spline alloy axles.
Strange 40 spline alloy 9" rear end...

If I can't do that then I am keeping my 2F.. :D

buy a plane then you can fly over the hills.:steer:

Try putting a hand throttle on a V-8 and kicking back and crawling and enjoying the scenery. It does not work like a 2F. I call it poor man's cruise control. Had both liked the V-8 as a hot rod to show off and have a diesel in my 71 good fuel economy but I Love My 2F in my 78 the dizzy does suck at times but that is my fault for being too cheap to replace it lol!

cooling problems?

i run a 350 with the stock toyota rad and the stock chevy fan with no shroud. drive around in south texas 100+ degree weather and have never had cooling problems.

jdr4282

I have a 1974 FJ40...I lost the oil pump and didn't shut it down in time...fried the bottom end bearings. I debated on whether to rebuild the 2F at the cost of about $3500 and still only get 10-12 mpg and max out at 65-70, or go with the V8...which weighs less, has more horsepower, and better mpg. I put a fuel injected Chevy ram-jet 350 in it as well as the power steering and I like it a lot. I just need to figure out my brakes now...all go...no whoa!

I just need to figure out my brakes now...all go...no whoa!

I'd rather be stopped, wishing I could go, than going and wishing I could stop...

the car in front of you will stop you, but to buffer the stop, make sure your ebrake works...the slower you hit, the less painful ;)

i was thrilled to have a working ebrake on the nuclearlemon when the calipers froze up and ate through the rotor.

I have a 1974 FJ40...I lost the oil pump and didn't shut it down in time...fried the bottom end bearings. I debated on whether to rebuild the 2F at the cost of about $3500 and still only get 10-12 mpg and max out at 65-70, or go with the V8...which weighs less, has more horsepower, and better mpg. I put a fuel injected Chevy ram-jet 350 in it as well as the power steering and I like it a lot. I just need to figure out my brakes now...all go...no whoa!

I'd highly recommend an 80 series master, newer (60/80/Forerunner) booster (if needed), Toyota front discs, Chevy rear discs, adjustable proportioning valve, and organic brake pads on all 4 corners.

@krice118 digging up old dirt on me after I’ve come full circle on the mighty 2F

@
F7F90C3F-610E-43A2-9D68-A1B7D057B997.jpeg

@krice118 digging up old dirt on me after I’ve come full circle on the mighty 2F

@View attachment 2056695

That's funny, when I first joined Mud the whole consensus was anything you did to a 2F was nothing but turd polishing, get rid of it and go V8.

Now it seems everyone wants to put a mighty 2F back in their rigs.

Nevermind...

Man, talk about resuscitating an old post. I like the old in line 6 tractor engines—of course, I love my 3 on the tree as well— maybe just like original old school— but that’s just me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom