2F vs V8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DOES YOUR 2F :shock:?

i love my 2f :D

yes details PLEASE

i thought i was being cruel going to 5000

VTFJ40 said:
Is this a stock 2f you spin to 7500RPM?
I am going to guess no...

I will take a 2F over a V8 any day any time. But rev up a F series engine to 7500rpm? EEK! I thought the advantage of the 2F was to slug it out all day in 4Low at LOW rpm.

mmmm sluggy 2f torque...

2F is an inline six, I like them better on the low end, I like the weight of the F over the front axle compared to a small block chevy. I think the F is more reliable (thats my opinion, never had good luck with 350s). I think a 350 probably has more torque then the 2F but there is something about the way it comes in with the 2F, steady and smooth way way down there.

Just my .02

turbo 2F..

:flipoff2:

2F all the way . Slow and torqueee, perfect for a short wb. V8's are cool but i want a toyota not a chevota. If i ever DID change it would be a 4.3 vortec v6 efi. My .02

Really all depends on what you want to do with it. Compete with others off the start at red lights?? Go with V8. Better gas mileage? Probably also V8. (debatable, I know) But if you are offroading, the 2F gives great low end torque and is MUCH heavier over the front end. In fact, if you do a normal V8 swap, it lightens the overall weight by aprox. 500lbs!! That gives you an idea of the heft the 2F carries. There are also so many cooling issues reported with V8 conversions - IMHO, the FJ40 is made for the backroads, not necessarily a showy street rod.

My $.02

:cheers:
Kevin
77 FJ40 2F

AspenFJ40 said:
Really all depends on what you want to do with it. Compete with others off the start at red lights?? Go with V8. Better gas mileage? Probably also V8. (debatable, I know) But if you are offroading, the 2F gives great low end torque and is MUCH heavier over the front end. In fact, if you do a normal V8 swap, it lightens the overall weight by aprox. 500lbs!! That gives you an idea of the heft the 2F carries. There are also so many cooling issues reported with V8 conversions - IMHO, the FJ40 is made for the backroads, not necessarily a showy street rod.

My $.02

:cheers:
Kevin
77 FJ40 2F
500lbs reduction with a v8??

Twin turbo'd and intercooled 2UZ-FE...
Backed by an auto, a toybox, and an Atlas II
Biggest F---ing aluminum radiator I can fit under the hood.
Sunray 1550 front end with 35 spline alloy axles.
Strange 40 spline alloy 9" rear end...

If I can't do that then I am keeping my 2F.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom