2024 GX wait list (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Supposedly I’m first on the list at my local dealer, I’m on it when I get the chance.
Do you have a preference with trim level you would select if they are somewhat similar to the current GX trim levels ? Obviously, we dont know what is offered just yet.

The square side mirrors was an interesting choice. Also, I can't tell, but I'm really hoping they do away with the barn door in favor of a hatch.
Looking at the seam just below the full tail light bar it looks like it's split for top & bottom open, with a short tail gate and lift, maybe like the 100 series? Loved having that short tailgate on our old hundy's!

dual reveal...

Screenshot-2023-05-25-at-10-18-09-AM.png

Looking at the seam just below the full tail light bar it looks like it's split for top & bottom open, with a short tail gate and lift, maybe like the 100 series? Loved having that short tailgate on our old hundy's!
I agree. Looks like a split tailgate to me. Would be brilliant if so.

Do you have a preference with trim level you would select if they are somewhat similar to the current GX trim levels ? Obviously, we dont know what is offered just yet.
No. Just hoping it means right of first refusal on anything allocated.

Do we know where this is gong to be built? I know historically it has been made in Japan but thought I heard something about it switching to US?

Do we know where this is gong to be built? I know historically it has been made in Japan but thought I heard something about it switching to US?
got to be Japan ? The TX is built stateside. 4runner might be a combo us / japan for the next gen ??

My money is on no tailgate. That is a seam they use to give the illusion, same thing on the LX.
I would guess full hatch with swing up glass.
Betting starts at $10 entry pool.

Last edited:
I'm honestly not sure how I feel.

I'm excited for a new drivetrain, even if it's not a V8. The V-6TT Hybrid + 10 speed seems like it would have a lot of potential, and they will have applied learnings from the Tundra to it.

Looks like we're losing the barn door (which I actually really like), and keeping the pop-up. Toyota seems to be stepping away from the retractable rear window (evidenced by the Sequoia) which is one of the best innovations they've had in years. I'm hoping there's a strict 5 seat option, as the extra seats are one of the things that I don't really care for in our trucks.

So far, I'm interested but it's not a hard sell. My 460 is a '22, so I expect it to hold value whatever I decide to do. Guess I'll just have to drive one.

I agree. Looks like a split tailgate to me. Would be brilliant if so.

No way it's a split gate, they ditched it for the flagship model, it's not happening on this cheaper model. The 300 has an apparent seam as well suggesting that it is a split gate setup but it isn't. Not sure why they bothered with the seam to make it appear to be something it isn't but they did, silly.

No way it's a split gate, they ditched it for the flagship model, it's not happening on this cheaper model. The 300 has an apparent seam as well suggesting that it is a split gate setup but it isn't. Not sure why they bothered with the seam to make it appear to be something it isn't but they did, silly.
Agreed. Looks like a hatch to me. Who knows though.

It do look mean though!
Wonder if air suspension will be a thing, or what it gets. E-KDSS???

Agreed. Looks like a hatch to me. Who knows though.

It's either a hatch or a barn, probably leaning towards a hatch but I don't think we have any confirmation right now either way. They wouldn't include the button/handle for the pop-up window if it was a split gate - there'd be no reason it would have both a upper section and a pop-up.

I think there's no way this thing has the barn door anymore. They moved the button/handle to the middle right under the LEXUS badging. This is going to be a hatch. Rear glass looks to pop up like the outgoing model. You can see the very similar release button, and you can also see the hinges underneath the spoiler.

This one also has a 3rd row - you can see the small headrest that is further behind the 2nd row seat. Hopefully there is an offroad trim with only two rows. Whatever trim level they are showing us in this photo is different from the initial reveal. This one has glossy paint-matched fender flares. The photos from the first reveal show a version with matte black fender flares.

I think there's no way this thing has the barn door anymore. They moved the button/handle to the middle right under the LEXUS badging. This is going to be a hatch. Rear glass looks to pop up like the outgoing model. You can see the very similar release button, and you can also see the hinges underneath the spoiler.

This one also has a 3rd row - you can see the small headrest that is further behind the 2nd row seat. Hopefully there is an offroad trim with only two rows. Whatever trim level they are showing us in this photo is different from the initial reveal. This one has glossy paint-matched fender flares. The photos from the first reveal show a version with matte black fender flares.
I'd *love* to see a dedicated two-row model, like the 200-Series Heritage Edition originally had. Yes, we can pull the third row seats, but having it like that from the factory would be killer.

I'd *love* to see a dedicated two-row model, like the 200-Series Heritage Edition originally had. Yes, we can pull the third row seats, but having it like that from the factory would be killer.
Yep, exactly. Especially when they already have the parts in the parts bin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom