2011 VDJ200 no-start, no cluster display. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Threads
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
I am attempting to chase down a no-start with no cluster on a 2011 VDJ200. Other than the engine it is very similar to a gas truck. The exterior lights work, the horn works, the remote lock/unlock works. The truck will not power up the dash, radio, ETC and there is no start.

I'm leaning toward the integration relay at this point. Any suggestions?

I didn't have the problem on my LC but had the exact problem on my wife's Acura TSX. Check the fuses. Dashboard fuse was bad and and looks like engine enabler was on the same line. As soon as I have replaced everything worked again. I hope it is as simple fix as it was on my wife's car.

Hey Dan, without knowing what you've checked so far, I'd start with fuses too. From what I can tell, the fuses that supply the affected ECU's appear to be underhood: #39 "AM2", #53 "ECU-B1" and #58 "MET" and interior #5 "ECU-IG #2". Since not too many of us have had a need to do any real troubleshooting on 200, may be a tough one. I don't see anything on the diagram "integration relay", just IG relay (which I would assume is an ignition relay?)

I'm guessing you've already tested the voltage drop on the battery?

If not:
I just had this happen to my 100 series, after the last cold snap I could still get lights and a few features to work, but no start at all. Battery was showing 11.8ish at rest, so I checked my battery's voltage drop when a load was applied. Sure enough as soon as it was hit with a load, the voltage dropped to 8V. Swapped in an X2 Power (Rebranded Northstar) and BOOM, she had life once again!

Is this RB's?

I'm trying to wrack my brain from the time I've spent with it but doesn't it have a hidden kill switch somewhere?

It is indeed. He said no kill switch is present.

[Quietly surfs over to Toyota website and "builds" 200 series to check latest engine options. Closes browser. Shuffles over to coffee pot and quietly sighs. Couldn't afford it anyhow.]

It doesn't matter much what it is if it won't run......:lol:

Hey Dan, without knowing what you've checked so far, I'd start with fuses too. From what I can tell, the fuses that supply the affected ECU's appear to be underhood: #39 "AM2", #53 "ECU-B1" and #58 "MET" and interior #5 "ECU-IG #2". Since not too many of us have had a need to do any real troubleshooting on 200, may be a tough one. I don't see anything on the diagram "integration relay", just IG relay (which I would assume is an ignition relay?)

I have pulled the fuses and checked them with a meter. Continuity OK. This problem apparently happened once before and the truck miraculously healed it's self. There is a spaghetti bowl of added wiring and a third battery in play. I may end up reverse-engineering it.......:ban:

I can promise you it's fun when running :D

Then get over here and help me sort it out.......I'll trade you a fridge (even if it is already yours).....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom