2004 LX 470 - new to the forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and looking to purchase my first LX 470. I've been driving cars all my life and now need an SUV for camping and towing a boat. So far I've read nothing but good things about the LX 470.

I found a 2004 with 100k miles in really good condition. The 100k service has not been completed so that is an expense that needs to be accounted for. How much do you think is a fair price? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Cetus

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and looking to purchase my first LX 470. I've been driving cars all my life and now need an SUV for camping and towing a boat. So far I've read nothing but good things about the LX 470.

I found a 2004 with 100k miles in really good condition. The 100k service has not been completed so that is an expense that needs to be accounted for. How much do you think is a fair price? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Cetus

About a year and a half ago, I paid 19k for my 04 with 100k, 1 owner and in great condition with all but the timing belt service done (had it done a few months after purchase). What are they asking for it?

The seller is asking for $21k. This truck is located in California, and although it seems that they go far little more here, it is still a little steep for one that needs a timing belt service. This is through a private party.

I need to run a carfax as well to make sure there hasn't been any accidents. I tried looking up the service records on the Lexus website and I'm unable to find the actual site to search with the VIN. Perhaps I can a dealership for some help.

How much is a timing belt service? Does the service include doing all the fluids as well?

Thank you for the help.

Cetus

If you go to a Lexus dealer you will be looking at around $1200-$1900. Low side just for timing belt/water pump service. High side if you start doing what they recommend while in there.

Last year I paid $23.5K for my 2002 LX470 with only 24,900 miles on it.
It was a premium price but it was the exact color I wanted, had new Michelin tires,
all oils recently flushed, no accidents, no rust, and one owner California vehicle.
Nice examples usually fetch premium prices and are quickly snatched up.

If you go to a Lexus dealer you will be looking at around $1200-$1900. Low side just for timing belt/water pump service. High side if you start doing what they recommend while in there.

I contacted the local Lexus dealership here in CA and received a quote of $1992. I guess this includes everything however some of the services were very simple, such as checking the driver side floor mat. Very interesting.

Last year I paid $23.5K for my 2002 LX470 with only 24,900 miles on it.
It was a premium price but it was the exact color I wanted, had new Michelin tires,
all oils recently flushed, no accidents, no rust, and one owner California vehicle.
Nice examples usually fetch premium prices and are quickly snatched up.

I'm going to try and negotiate the price down since a 90k service needs to be done. I agree with you, they go quick if they're in good shape. I know there's a new set of michelins recently installed so that helps.
thanks

They are very touchy on those floor mats. My weathertechs are always in the cargo area when I pick up my RX for service. Give you a warning card about improper floor mats.

I am not affiliated with this listing but it may be time for a road trip. Save yourself some cash --- Here is a listing for a 2004 with 155,000 miles at a Dealership for 15K. This timing belt was done at 80k miles and has 12 pages of Lexus dealer maintenance (attached).

Attachments

• 04 lx470.pdf
    177.3 KB · Views: 255
I contacted the local Lexus dealership here in CA and received a quote of $1992. I guess this includes everything however some of the services were very simple, such as checking the driver side floor mat. Very interesting.

If the pre-load is not set correctly on the floor mats you get this odd vibration...

I would price $2100 for the 90k service "with everything", like pulleys, belts, fan brackets, seals and heater T with hoses. I don't care for mileage. In fact, I walk away from vehicles with very low mileage and high time on them.. Anyway, $2100 is a minimum minimorum, you'll spent that much in either money or time or both guaranteed.. and I would take the sound advice above to go places in your search. I spent a year and a half searching for mine in a very wide geographic area, and I wasn't looking for price.

Beware of the deadly boomerangs from the Land of Dreamy Jabberwock, disguising themselves as floor mats.

If the pre-load is not set correctly on the floor mats you get this odd vibration...
Interesting, you're speaking of wheel bearing breakaway "pre-load" correct?

A little update. I ran a carfax and this vehicle started off in New York until about 60k, then to Chicago for another 15k. The seller has driven it for almost 2 years to 90k. I will be looking at the truck for the first time today and will request for a PPI at a local Lexus dealer.

Anything I should worry about? Since it came from NY and Chicago, will there be a huge issue with rust?

check for rust! those back east winters can be brutal on the under carriage.

ive noticed that there is a recall for airbags on all the carfaxes for LX 470. Is this something as simple as dropping off to dealer to fix?

yes, it is that simple. I just bought a 2005 LX, 151k, they did the module swap on the passenger side airbag (if that is the recall you are referring to...I believe there are 3 recalls?)...they also filled the gas tank, cleaned the car, and most importantly, did not screw anything up (at least one MUDer said has happened on dealer repairs, fwiw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom