2003 Land Cruiser Build & Adventure Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looking rig. Makes my itch for a Hundy worse. I must be into self torture because I will be following along as you transform your new rig.

That's awesome! Congrats Eric. Hopefully I won't be too far behind :D

Thanks guys. Don't get too excited, it will be a fairly minimal and slow build. I was reading Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters' build, yea it won't be like that :cool:

Picked up some service manuals from ebay. The 05 is pretty much identical to 03 except for minor stuff like back-up camera.

IMAG0155.jpg

I finally got around to taking some interior pics.

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

Last edited:
Back up Camera! Get the pink panties out!!! I don't care if it's not a Lexus, it's pink panty time! hehehe

I must say that it is rather nice to have. My neck appreciates it. :hillbilly:

I use it mostly for hooking up the trailer.

Cleaned out the roof gutters

IMAG0170.jpg

Installed the Front Runner roof rack. The rails mount to the factory rack bolt holes

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

The rack feet can then be positioned anywhere along the rail

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

Last edited:
My first attempt at window screens. Used some 1" wide magnetic strip and hot glue to attach the screen. I was going to use 1/2" magnetic strip, but that wasn't strong enough.

IMAG0190.jpg

You will want to put a cut in the magnet so you can fold it. It doesn't roll as well as you would think.

Good advice. Will do that on the next set. :cool:

Thanks guys. Don't get too excited, it will be a fairly minimal and slow build. I was reading Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters' build, yea it won't be like that :cool:

:D

Great looking Cruiser :cool:

It's going to be a busy weekend :)

IMAG0286.jpg

Whew, looks like it!

Is that all engine stuff, or are those seals out front for wheel bearings?

Is that all engine stuff, or are those seals out front for wheel bearings?

New brakes all around and cooling system service.

I have always hated doing the front brakes on these trucks, really a messy job. But they look good when new.

IMAG0290.jpg

Apparently the Land Cruiser did not offer a factory cabin air filter. I can't understand why Toyota's flagship vehicle did not offer this, when even my lowly Corolla had one :confused:.

Luckily, the LX470 came with one, so I was able to special order the parts and retrofit mine. Credit to RobRed and his excellent site tlcfaq.com
http://tlcfaq.com/main/2012/05/cabin-air-filter-installretrofit/

Before (blank cover)
IMAG0295.jpg

After moving everything out of the way and removing the cover. Lots of stuff in there, yuk.
IMAG0297.jpg

Installed the new cover with filter door.
IMAG0298.jpg

I really like how the Expedition Overland guys have their 100 setup...

ep2.jpg

I really like how the Expedition Overland guys have their 100 setup...

Looks nice, although I have never been a fan of blacked out wheels and those ARB bumper/sliders/integrated side bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom