2003 gx470 recovery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love to see the progress. I am also doing all fluids this week. Oil change tomorrow and then once my new washers come in later this week doing F/R diff and transfer case. Using the same mobile 1 for those. I am going to try Walmart full syn for the oil this time. I always used mobile 1 but it is so much cheaper and all the reviews say it is just as good..
Thats why i decide to go with supertech sonce 4years i always been using royal pyrple hps which is like 65 70$ for 6quarts if i remember right ( for my acura tl 3.2 v6) and first idea was to fill gx v8 woth hps but then i started digging deep as always when it come to oil change Jesus ! Those nights spent on oil forums 😂!!! Btw royal purple hps is best of ever the best oils i used.
If that v8 will start taking oil then i will switch to rp hps . I know hondas v6 they like oil but mine never had that problem always hps and ceratec.

Gx for now has supertech with ceratec cold start few seconds you hear engine little louder before oil start flowing but i think at this point its same as other brands. It wasnt choice because of money i was ready to get hps and im still. More its like why not to try.

Btw i saw review at costco kirkland oil and its same warren oil as supertech and its 12$ for 4liters

Rear diff is super easy
Front and center doesnt look hard either . I have to do them too and trans oil. But little by little . My wife is patient but this also has limits 😈

Last one. Car still dirty. No wash

View attachment 2247874
[/sQUOTE]
Hey Timonek, I have an 06, same color as yours and I have been meaning to remove the rear spoiler for a long time. You did such a great job with your truck and the removal of the spoiler and everything looks so clean. I want to do the same thing, but don’t know how it’ll look afterwards. Did you have to paint it after? Where did you hide the wire for the brake light? Did you have to purchase another light? How did you make it so clean? Great job.

Hi i never removed spoiler. I wish to have one ;) so if you removing yours im wilking to buy it if u want to sell it :) im ptettyvsure youvwill have to cover holes or weld them

Finaly back ob the roads !
I have reolaced height sensor on pass side and all seems to work nice. I dont see reason to convert it to springs unless u offroading.

Also upgraded low beams to LED. Tomorrow timing belt kit will be done with water pump all rolls tensioner new thermostat etc all japan aisin. and new contitech seprentine belt.

So far so good. Still didnt have time to wash truck but cars even dirty looks nice :)

20200326_132259.jpg

20200326_132327.jpg

20200326_132306.jpg

20200326_192208.jpg

20200326_190811.jpg

Hi i never removed spoiler. I wish to have one ;) so if you removing yours im wilking to buy it if u want to sell it :) im ptettyvsure youvwill have to cover holes or weld them
Lol. Thought you had one. If I ever remove mine I’ll sell it to you. Your truck is looking good.

Timing belt half done my mechanic ( neighbour) decide its good idea to replace alternator since its still original one with 195k miles and its easy accesible now. and tensioner pulley due to shot bearing.

Alternator 180$ tensioner puley 60$

20200327_115707.jpg

20200327_122845.jpg

20200327_152107.jpg

20200327_152121.jpg

20200327_153735.jpg

Btw im surprised how bad is designed timming belt at that engine. Its impossible to replace belt without taking almost everything off. Most of the conponents block belt . I would say French ot Italians were hired at motor production 😂 but once done shouldnt make any problems for long time

Thats why i decide to go with supertech sonce 4years i always been using royal pyrple hps which is like 65 70$ for 6quarts if i remember right ( for my acura tl 3.2 v6) and first idea was to fill gx v8 woth hps but then i started digging deep as always when it come to oil change Jesus ! Those nights spent on oil forums 😂!!! Btw royal purple hps is best of ever the best oils i used.
If that v8 will start taking oil then i will switch to rp hps . I know hondas v6 they like oil but mine never had that problem always hps and ceratec.

Gx for now has supertech with ceratec cold start few seconds you hear engine little louder before oil start flowing but i think at this point its same as other brands. It wasnt choice because of money i was ready to get hps and im still. More its like why not to try.

Btw i saw review at costco kirkland oil and its same warren oil as supertech and its 12$ for 4liters

Rear diff is super easy
Front and center doesnt look hard either . I have to do them too and trans oil. But little by little . My wife is patient but this also has limits 😈
Got the rear, center and front done. Transfercase is super easy. Just make sure to torque to only 27lbs since its aluminum. The front was a pain... drop the skid and then you need a 10mm driver nut. not a socket. Make sure you get it to insert fully to avoid stripping it because it is going to take some serious hits to get it loose. I would also recommend hitting it penetrating lube for a day before trying to remove the lower drain plug. In the end I got it done.

I was working my front end on ramps. So to start I only used 6qts to fill everything. This worried me since everyone says it takes 7+. Yesterday with the truck on flat ground I thought let me just see if I can add a little more to the transferase... Yep it took about 1/2 of another qt. I don't think I will bother with the front diff.

So right now it only took me 6.5qts to fill everything.

Hi to all

Finaly i took a trip for about 20mins.
I noticed ride is bumpy like bottoming axle with that rubber stoppers.

When hitting 20mph suspension goes to neutral and with neutral i have checked gap between axle and rubber stoper is maybe half inch. In high its much better.

What do You guys think? Is it posssible air bags are shot ? Defenitely ride is way way worst in back like almost with zero susspension.
But cars lift and lower it self on parking. I left car today for night in height mode on high. I will check it tomorrow morning if it stays same.. if not probably air bags need to go ... right ?

Other than that car finaly drives. Engine is so quiet after all changes

Whats new
Aisin timing belt kit aith new water pump
Mitsubishi betl some other pulleys bearings
New tensioner pulley and new tensioner
New alternator
New continental seprentine belt
New coolant [red] and radiator flush

New steering wheel is also in. Now will be time for wooden trims inside i will wrap them with 3m metalic black foil.

What do you think gentlemans about that bumpy ride ?

First photo is neutral height second is high.

Screenshot_20200330-213005.png

Last edited:
Steering wheel looks great (along with all your other de-rusting and work).

Are your rear shocks shot? And why in the 'normal' pix does that stopper appear to be 1/2" above the axle?

Steering wheel looks great (along with all your other de-rusting and work).

Are your rear shocks shot? And why in the 'normal' pix does that stopper appear to be 1/2" above the axle?
Thanks

Yes in neutral that stoper is maybe half inch of axle. I wilk go outside soon to see if any changes since yesterday evening when i left car at high height

Shocks are brand new.

i have checked airbags were same height as yesterday evening , car is still same height. I found driver side height sensor look bad too, all coroded so maybe i will change it ( passenger side is new ) and will see maybe its stuck and its see all is fine but its not :]
just to do the job right airbags will be replace too. i dont want to do it again since shocks are new, compressor is new, one height sensor is new so just airbags and driver side height sensor are old...

anybody used in rtear diff this additive ? : im not sure but i have plenty of noise in back when accelerating , humming whining kind. when You step off the gas pedal then its quiet so im sure its not related to brakes or hubs.
Amazon product ASIN B00CPL8UPY
is there any dyi how to grease shaft ?

thanks

Last edited:
Hello to all :)

suspension works 100% :)
i had to adjust height sensors and all seems to work finaly

i just received 2 new airbags but old seems to be fine so i will keep them as spare :)
i did flush of transfer case with new mobil 75w90
also got lund catch all floor mats. I always liked fabric mats over weathertech ( in my acura i have weathertechs and oem carpets on them :)
lights all around also changed for LED what a difference ! car looks 10years younger

20200331_141028.jpg

20200331_141034.jpg

20200331_141055.jpg

20200331_141057.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom