2003 gx470 recovery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old mat from gle400 😂
If anybody want to know how much is front door molding. 700$ at dealer piece

20200409_094226.jpg

20200414_133252.jpg

20200414_164844.jpg

20200414_164836.jpg

20200414_191718.jpg

I have all my door cladding in a pile in my garage.

I'll send you what ever pieces you want for the cost of shipping.

Hi to All :)
I took all seals off the roof clean them and all dirt under them. Its good to do it I was surprised how much dirty it was under that rubber strips.
I also clean sunroof drains and lube sunroof rails etc. Here is some video that i did to give You vision how to make it if some of You are interested

After balancing my wheels tires at Peepboys I will have to repaint two wheels. I will let You know how that case will be solved in next few days. Im waiting for reply from them. Im fkin pissed. I can understand everything: accident, mistake but im boiling in 2seconds when there is no respect to somebody else work. i cant stand poor ethic of work or lack of it. One tire had leak it wasnt fixed. Easter morning i went to garage just to see flat tire. I will hold with judgement...for now but i hate when somebody cover or hide mistakes, it happens to me once in blue moon too, but simply go and explain whats going on and thats always work, worst truth is better than the best lie . Ehhh so much time spent on that rims...

better check Your roof seals :)

sunroof drain fix.

Last edited:
Hi Kamil!
Great job with your GX!
I feel you pain regarding the rims! I can't believe they screwed it up so badly!!! I would almost demand they pay for a repaint ($75-100 per wheel!). I'd be so pissed!!!
Hang in there. What doesn't break us makes us stronger!

Sucks about the wheels, that would tick me off...

Good tips on the sunroof drain/roof molding cleaning. I cleaned the tracks on my sunroof but did not bother with the drains, need to go back and do that.

Hi Kamil!
Great job with your GX!
I feel you pain regarding the rims! I can't believe they screwed it up so badly!!! I would almost demand they pay for a repaint ($75-100 per wheel!). I'd be so pissed!!!
Hang in there. What doesn't break us makes us stronger!
It happens Max what can U do... i know how it will end up. I will leave negative review on all forums that i know and probably i get zero $ hopefuly im wrong.

Max btw can you check in your gx if you have mark levinson same as mine if that left knob for volume has that characteristic click when turning volume up and down ? Thanks

FWIW my volume knob does not make a clicking noise. Just turns smoothly. If you are worried that your physical volume knob is damaged, you can override it with the steering wheel controls IIRC.

It happens Max what can U do... i know how it will end up. I will leave negative review on all forums that i know and probably i get zero $ hopefuly im wrong.

Max btw can you check in your gx if you have mark levinson same as mine if that left knob for volume has that characteristic click when turning volume up and down ? Thanks

Kamil, I agree with greenscobie86, my left knob does not click, but I also do not have mark levinson. I turn the radio on and off by depressing the left button. I must have the poor man's edition GX, lol, even though it has a nav and back up cam. Sorry I didn't respond right away.

thanks Guys ! no problem Max,
thanks to You Gentlemans I know at least radio is fine. Looks like amp need to be repaired then.
Max no mark levinson no problems. thats good side of Your setup. Hopefuly it will payback that 300-400$ repair cost with great sound quality !
that will be last thing i will do probably in next few months. Next step is taking GX to trans/diff shop to find whats that humming noise in back. I bet its pinion bearing so im preparing mentally for diff rebuild $$$

good news is i got 2 brand new tires since bridgestones that i have on rear axle they have lot of meat but due to age and car sitting on flat tires they have micro cracks, i was lucky and i found localy on craiglist 2 brand new achilles desert hawk 265 55 17 brand new for 120$/pair i didnt think too much for that price, plus they match front tires :) maybe they are not the best but have good reviews and for winter anyway ill get winter tires :]

20200416_135411.jpg

20200416_135426.jpg

thanks Guys ! no problem Max,
thanks to You Gentlemans I know at least radio is fine. Looks like amp need to be repaired then.
Max no mark levinson no problems. thats good side of Your setup. Hopefuly it will payback that 300-400$ repair cost with great sound quality !
that will be last thing i will do probably in next few months. Next step is taking GX to trans/diff shop to find whats that humming noise in back. I bet its pinion bearing so im preparing mentally for diff rebuild $$$

good news is i got 2 brand new tires since bridgestones that i have on rear axle they have lot of meat but due to age and car sitting on flat tires they have micro cracks, i was lucky and i found localy on craiglist 2 brand new achilles desert hawk 265 55 17 brand new for 120$/pair i didnt think too much for that price, plus they match front tires :) maybe they are not the best but have good reviews and for winter anyway ill get winter tires :]

View attachment 2275023

View attachment 2275024
Looks like a great buy, Kamil! $120 for brand new tires is a steal. I recommend you rotate the rear tires to the front and put these new ones on the rear wheels to see if that improves the noise out back. Not likely as you're pretty sure its a driveline noise, but still worth a shot. Plus, new rear tires will keep you from spinning out on the wet/snowy conditions, for now (until you get designated winter tires). I have a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks 265/65/R17 I'm selling for $400 that have only been used for one winter. If you were closer to me, I'd sell them to you for a great deal.

Thx Max would be nice but in this case it might be $$$ costs of shipping, Yup new ones will go to the back

its been few days and i did few things.
Spidertrax wheel spacers finaly arrived. ive been waiting almost a month for delivery. Installation is easy and fast. what a look !!! what a handling ! soo much better in corners more sporty gives you that feeling that you have better grip in corners and you can go definitely faster ! at least me. still need nice muffler that will accent that v8 !

lower return line from power stearing coroded which is common problem on gx i think. they are made of metal in few spots plus atf it self kills them little by little and location... ( behind driver front tire splash ) usualy that rubber covers go out quick so lines are exposed for all conditions.

reutrn line at dealer 120$
rockauto 25$ ive seen them on ebay too ( aftermarket )

it was funny btw in whole that situation. I went to lowes to buy some flowers for yard 5mins away. i was parking my car when i was 2-3feet to park in second i lost power steering. i knew what gonna be and where to look for.. ive check front under yup one big leak. funny was i had peepboys scammers on that plaza. I went to buy few inches of rubber hose few clamps tyowels and ps fluid. Cut line in half rubber hose over line ends few clamps. Voila !
mean time i have ordered new line which should come today so i will flush all old fluids get new line on and i will go as lexus want = atf dex3 , i have leftovers from my acura tl trans atf from Redline d4 which is very good atf oil.

enjoy video !

3m brushed black metallic wrap finaly came. I just tried on 2 trims which just clips out and they came out great ! Completely will change interior and give some vigor, fresher look for sure

20200424_192351.jpg

20200424_193817.jpg

20200424_193941.jpg

20200424_194024.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom