2003 gx470 recovery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi to All.
i dont have much info and photos yet, but its just start of that build. From zero to ... :)
patient : 2003 gx470, one owner, 196k miles.

thats how our relationship started. In december 2018 at my client house I saw this gx sitting on flat tires... i didnt ask, nothing
2 weeks ago I worked with the same client, gx still was there... I asked. Im the owner since a week.
Well,. car sat for over a year on driveway. Its not in bad shape but i have seen better ones, lot of cleaning, brakes etc.

and the worst. car cranks but doesnt start... Im working on it after work with no results so far. Previous owner dont knoe exactly what happened, he is saying that some water got to "computer fuses" because of seals in door and car doesnt start. which of course wasnt true. car is dry as pepper carpets etc.
Maybe some of You who read that thread will be able to help me

what I did : i have checked all fuses underhood and uner steering wheel. all intact. I sandpaper them just in case if any oxidation due to sitting for such a long time.
I bought new battery, and key battery
key opens close car, panic, all functions works.

when turn key all functions seems to perform like navi, wipers lights all electric functions in car works normaly
but car doesnt start. Cranks but thats all.

If anybody could help or suggest anything will be greatly appreciated
i have few questions:

secure key icon that blinks red, when I insert key it blinks, when cranking still blinking. Is this red light shouldnt go off when You turning key and crank?
Im thinking maybe due to time car doesnt recognize key ? but on other hand, when key is inserted steering wheel moves all functions works, even air compressor working for few seconds ( probably adjusting pressure )

i dont hear fuel pump priming at all. Is it that quiet ? maybe its stuck or dead, that option im leaving for last.
I took out spark plug and there is no spark. Is it possible that fuel pump is somehow connected with ignittion systems and when pump is dead there is no pressure and computer doesnt allow to start car, no spark etc ? i dont think so but thats what is in some german cars.

I tried that bridge at obd2 pins 4 and 13 for 30mins but it didnt help too.

Im guessing its something with immo. what You think Gentlemans ? thanks

20200215_105755.jpg

20200215_120046.jpg

20200215_120156.jpg

20200215_153330.jpg

20200215_153350.jpg

Have you checked all relays? I know you said you checked the fuses, but i be suspicious of the fuel pump relay.

I'd check voltage at the pump as well.

If you're not getting spark and you don't hear the fuel pump kicking on, it would seem to me that the ECU might be the source of your troubles.

I'd definitely try to check for fault codes though. Hopefully you took care of that right off the bat though.

Sounds like the key isn't recognized. Do you have access to Techstream?

Sounds like the key isn't recognized. Do you have access to Techstream?
Thata what i think.
I read about techstream but didnt use it
Its cheap i can buy it. But is it has option to program key or whats your idea ? Thanks for help

Today as i have been told by friend, i took off lower plastic covers under steering wheel to get to key switch to see all connections sockets etc anything suspicious , all sems ok, problem resist.

Looks like i need locksmith to reprogram key

Thata what i think.
I read about techstream but didnt use it
Its cheap i can buy it. But is it has option to program key or whats your idea ? Thanks for help

You can reset the immobilizer if all keys are lost.

I have one key but it looks like immo doesnt recognize it
Security red light blinks
Can U tell me how to make it ?
Thx

If the light continues to blink when the key is inserted then for some reason the ecu isn't recognizing the transponder in the key. With Techstream you can see if the immo ecu has a code. Could also be a couple of other things like the antenna for the key, the immo amp or ecu. If it were me I would get techstream and check for a code then go from there.

If your key just ends up needing to be registered with your ecu I can help with a passcode if you do get Techstream.

If the light continues to blink when the key is inserted then for some reason the ecu isn't recognizing the transponder in the key. With Techstream you can see if the immo ecu has a code. Could also be a couple of other things like the antenna for the key, the immo amp or ecu. If it were me I would get techstream and check for a code then go from there.

If your key just ends up needing to be registered with your ecu I can help with a passcode if you do get Techstream.
Thanks a lot ! Im ordering right now and get back , i have to order obd2 cable too

Gentlemans care is alive ! :) Key was dead. Locksmith programmed key in 3mins 100$, crazy happy. Now i can start little by little .\
I have ordered 4xnew calipers, rotors, pads, all kind of oils, fluids, splash shields behind front wheels between wheel and engine bays, shock for trunk
new armrest leather cover, timing belt kit, serpentine belt, spark plugs etc.. Start tomorrow, first off saturday since long time. that will be good reset to work around that gx

thank You all for help, I will keep You updated :)

it is it is. :) I spent saturday on interior cleaning, lot of work, car is 17 years old so i expected it but it wasnt that bad. enjoy !

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom