2003 gx470 recovery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whats up Gentlemans ! its been a little time with no updates but i went to the point I was tired of working on my GX. like on gym it comes to time that You just want to stay at home. You and Your hagen dazs :banana: So i was enjoying driving Gx. I did some other small things in last days. Dashboard trims are wrapped. I still have to wrap that nasty wood trims on doors which are time consumers.. you have to take all door panels to unscerw it. nahhh maybe down the road in the summer :)

Other day GX left my stuck at lowes parking lot. Return line of power steering had leak. I lost ps in second, luckily peepboys was steps away so I called my neighbour since i didnt have any tools with me, we cutted that metal return tube and connected it with two clamps and rubber hose :) finally i got whole new return line ( they have it at rock auto ) and i replaced it yesterday plus i flushed whole system with redline d4 atf i also cleaned ps reservoir so all looks like in new car.
Since underhood im completely done with all timing belts all plastic clips which are missing are back there etc etc it came time for detailing :)

SOME PROBLEMS THAT I NEED ADVICE WITH

i want to do conversion with rear airbags. I dont want to **** with that anymore. Rear right is higher than left. I know it can be fixed with techstream but what will be next....
I need advice which kit will be the best i dont want to spend 10000000$, something reliable but not crazy expensive. Anybody can suggest anything ?
i want to keep oem shocks ( they are new )

I was thinking about this set :
Amazon product ASIN B004J8W6RY
do i need spring seats /isolators whatever they call it ?
Amazon product ASIN B081QVDHWM

i will be thankful for any advice, if i can buy full set that would be easier. I heard people using fj springs plus seats ... please help Guys :)
tonight i will post some photos of interior after wrap and some others

;)

20200512_140934.jpg

20200512_142206.jpg

20200512_142243.jpg

20200512_143511.jpg

20200512_190014.jpg

Amazing restoration work.

whats Up Gentlemans :]
finaly i got one front pass. door moulding it was black so i had to repaint it. I like results for amateur painter its better than i expected. Now i have to polish it. I ordered new polisher and i will try to make it my self on whole gx :)

I also did rear air suspension delete and installed new springs and metaltech kit. Wasnt bad it took me around 4hrs but would be quicker on lift or two jacks. i had only one heavy use jack one stand and gx factory jack to support rear axle. Very easy process. can be done in 1 person if you have spring compressing tool,

enjoy photos

Whats up Ih8mud community ;) its been a kind a long break from laat post. Meantime i lost lot of data due to screen lock pattern which i changed other evening and simply forgotten it :] im constantly working on gx but hard to remember ehat was done since may. Stuff i do remember is
Front diff oil change
Dash cam viofo duo front and rear installatiin
Smart obd2 gauge installed
I got rid of dog lights. One was broken due to previous owner hit so i fixed bumper and install 2x led spot pods and 2x led flood light pods

I started correction of paint, first stage is done for now, decontamination and first step of polishing with meguiars 105 and bauer da polisher from harbour freight. Once it gets little colder i will start 2step with megs polish then 3step with wax or possibly with quartz coat to get it done once and forget it. Plan is to change tires for AT and some lift with new strutz and springs in front and start to taking car off road. But thats probably plans for november and so when my wife come back from Poland. For now situation looks like She stuck there because of that fakn plan-demic scam bs... so im on the feence, hanging in the air with no idea what gonna be next. Plan was to leave that leftie state for good but have to postoone that plans. Meanwhile enjoy photos.
Project is 99% done car is 100% functional except radio which need amp rebuild. But i better like to change tires or do lift instead on spending 500$ on amo now ;)
99% because its time to heading off road route ;)
For now enjoy photos of progress. Stay safe You all and enjoy vacation since its summer time !

20200624_180038.jpg

20200624_181509.jpg

20200624_183556.jpg

20200624_185354.jpg

20200624_185809.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom