200 Series Landcruiser vs LX 570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I have a 96 Cruiser and will keep her. She has 425k miles on it. Now I am in the market for a 200 series Cruiser or LX 570. I like the grill on Cruiser better. Advantages/disadvantages of each? I Need the new one to me for pulling 3000 pound camper.

:poof:

I would recommend trying out navigating the infotainment system in the LX, the joystick (or whatever it's called) is very peculiar.
The dopey joystick only showed up in late (2015 and on I think) models. But def. try before you buy. I had it in a couple of loaners and it is unbelievably frustrating with no touch screen. I think the last couple of years the LX had the joystick but also had a touch screen

If you tow a lot, then get LX for AHC.

Otherwise get LC.

The dopey joystick only showed up in late (2015 and on I think) models. But def. try before you buy. I had it in a couple of loaners and it is unbelievably frustrating with no touch screen. I think the last couple of years the LX had the joystick but also had a touch screen
I’ve never been in a 2016+ LX. Are you saying they had a touchscreen before but dropped it for the weird console joystick? My 2009 has a touch screen.

Get the one you desire. If you are set on the Land Cruiser name then nothing will satisfy that want than then getting an LC. If you're indifferent then test drive both and see what you like better.

Last edited:
LX570 is the superior tow vehicle and generally cheaper than the Land Cruiser by about 15-20% all other factors being equal. It has a bit of an image problem, IMO. But I guess that's pretty subjective.

Congrats on the EPIC mileage on your 80! Mine gave up at 340k

LX570 is the superior tow vehicle and generally cheaper than the Land Cruiser by about 15-20% all other factors being equal. It has a bit of an image problem, IMO. But I guess that's pretty subjective.

Congrats on the EPIC mileage on your 80! Mine gave up at 340k
Spec for towing on the LC200 most recent years is more than the LX570.
LX570 (2011-2021) = 7000 lbs
LC200 (2016-2021) = 8500 lbs

If you are pulling a lighter trailer, it may not matter to have an extra 21% (1500lb) max capacity.
Most advise that you should be towing at 80% of your max capacity, so it could matter.

My 2010 LX570 has a tow rating of 8500 and nothing changed mechanically in 2011. I would contend that any post-2011 LX is just fine at 8500lbs. LX does not need airbags and doesn't squat under a heavy tongue, suspension can be firmed up for better control, AHC makes for easier coupling/uncoupling (less cranking on your trailer jacks). Official tow ratings and all, I stand by my statement :hillbilly:

My 2010 LX570 has a tow rating of 8500 and nothing changed mechanically in 2011. I would contend that any post-2011 LX is just fine at 8500lbs. LX does not need airbags and doesn't squat under a heavy tongue, suspension can be firmed up for better control, AHC makes for easier coupling/uncoupling (less cranking on your trailer jacks). Official tow ratings and all, I stand by my statement :hillbilly:
Might want to double check your manual and this IH8MUD discussion thread.
AHC may improve the towing for lighter weight trailers, but the max capacity seems to be lesser for the LX570 than the LC200.

Might want to double check your manual and this IH8MUD discussion thread.
AHC may improve the towing for lighter weight trailers, but the max capacity seems to be lesser for the LX570 than the LC200.

Nothing changed capability-wise from 2010 to 2011. Toyota adopted the SAE J2807 standard which is more conservative than how they were rating things previously. J2807 hits higher trim vehicles disproportionately, as explained in that thread. Check out posts #2 and #5 in that thread you linked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom