Builds 1995 PZJ75 refurbish/build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks guys, i hope to have a few more shots of the trayback tomorrow if all works out...

Are you going to put the spare behind the cab? I think thats what those 2 holes are for??

just a quick update

so i picked up my truck today and the tray back still wasn't finished but i need to get to work on this rig.
i also picked up the brand new custom turbo for the engine. this turbo was built according to the graph shown to be the best for my application. i wanted to have 175 hp and a max of 4200 rpm. the hybred is to work with no surging, pulsating or turbo run away so hopfully i will get to give it a try next week.
i plan on a stock run to 100 k/h, then one with the turbo installed and finally one with propane injection. if time and fund sallow it i want to see if i can get a intercooler as well so i will be able to crank up the boost effectively.
i have 2 more trucks to get completed before i can actually get to work on the rig but maybe friday i will start to turn wrenches once again.
i feel like a kid at christmas time...
cheers

Where, did you get your truck? Did you get it from a mining company? Or did you have it imported?

crushers said:
andrew7elk said:
That is an awesome truck man! I absolutly love the PZJ75's. You have done amazing work to that truck! I am from Manitoba, Canada and i was wondering how you get your hands on a truck like that?
Andrew,
this was a case of being in the right place at the right time..
it just about fell into my lap. the wife and i was on a putz trough BC, visiting a couple buds and they showed me this unit out behind their shop, money changed hands and the rest is on the web...
cheers

crushers said:
canadian bum said:
Where, did you get your truck? Did you get it from a mining company? Or did you have it imported?
picked it up from a couple of guy getting ready to part it out...

Wayne bought the truck from [size=+2]G&SCruiserparts[/size]. :rolleyes:
Why so secretive about it Wayne? :flipoff2: They know G&S very well here ...​
Yes ... G&S can get more mine trucks but they aren't road legal :grinpimp:

S.​

why Sherlock, think about it, it isn't a big secret.

BUT if G&S wanted to say where it came from they would have. If i wanted to say where the truck came from i would have.

i am not sure whether you are jealous or just rude (it would be polite to email direct and ask one of us) so i decided to do a quick search of YOUR contribution to this forum as a whole and found most of your posts are childish, rude and thoughtless. Why should your contribution to this thread be any different?

Hey Wayne, I think this truck looks great. I also thought your white one looked not too shabby either, even when you painted it red for the new owner.

Anyway, assuming that the previous post is correct, why is your truck legal and the others that G & S have not road legal? I guess I could just call Greg or Sheldon up and ask them, but I am feeling a bit lazy and its not really THAT important to me as I can't do anything about it right now anyway. I just want to fill up my brain with knowledge.

-Kevin

crushers said:
Kevin,
it is juat a matter of knowing HOW to legalise it.

cheers

valuable experience .. !

The Truck looks great Wayne. Hey I think that shop looks a little farmiliar to me ;) .

I am already eager to get my 75 pickup, I can't wait :)

Cheers,

Michael

yep, i am looking forward to flying down for a test run...
cheers
and congrates on owning one of the few...

so i put the Belton lift on and find out now my driveshaft is 1" too short so off i went to the driveshaft shop and drop it off.
while i am waiting for the driveshaft to be shortened i decide to make the adapter for the turbo to exhaust manifold. 1/2 plate drilled and shaped. the turbo back 2 bolts line up with the manifold bolt holes and the adapter makes short work of the other mounting bolts to secure it solid. the adapter took me 2 hours at my favorite machine shop. by the time i am done i will have about $1600 invested into a custom brand new turbo installed with the adapter and lines. far cry from what they want for a complete kit in Ozziland.
ihope to have more to update later today.
cheers (and thanks for following along in my little adventure)

crushers said:
so i put the Belton lift on and find out now my driveshaft is 1" too short so off i went to the driveshaft shop and drop it off.
while i am waiting for the driveshaft to be shortened ...

Somehow I sense this is going to turn out badly... :D

Turbo of choice is????

Guessing Switzer.

lowenbrau said:
Somehow I sense this is going to turn out badly... :D
LOL!!
yep, cut it twice and the bugger is still too short...

oops, my bad, the driveshaft was too long...
and i should elaborate, the length had nothing to do with the Belton kit. i measured the old springs and the new ones match the old ones for center pin exactly. how the mines ever got this driveshaft on is beyond me...

cheers

Radd Cruisers said:
Turbo of choice is????

Guessing Switzer.
nope, this time i am trying a modified garrett turbo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom