Builds 1995 PZJ75 refurbish/build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi All:

Just wanted to say "nice work, Wayne!" Can't wait to see it in Surrey on Land Cruiser Day!

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

Thanks Alan,

all work has come to a halt since the wife has decided this afternoon we are off to drive the "highway to the sun" in the HDJ81...

cheers

some more info about the PZJ75

the R141 gear ratios:
1st 4.843
2nd 2.618
3rd 1.516
4th 1.000
Rev 4.843

t/case 1.961

diff gears 4.56 (limited rear)

COOL!! after all of this i might just change out the t/case to 2.48 and leave the rest alone...

SWEET!! same gear ratio as the H41 so final ratio stock is 43.3 to 1 and with the 2.48 the crawl ratio becomes 54.7 to 1...

cheers

Hi everybody!

Wayne, there's a source in France which had thoses PZ, HZ,BJ trays for about 365 euros if ever that can be helpfull! If you want i can check what's the actual price, if ever taht can be of any interest for you.

Best regards.

Max.

crushers said:
Thanks Alan,

all work has come to a halt since the wife has decided this afternoon we are off to drive the "highway to the sun" in the HDJ81...

cheers

isn't that an awesome drive? I did it a few years ago. thought it was a blast. its better from one direction then the other, I thing west to east??

have fun, or are you back already?

Hi everybody!

Wayne, i've contacted the seller of thoses trays. They are from PHZJ79. They cost 450 euros all taxes included, leaving from Toul, you'd be able to knock off 19.6% VAT off of that price since you're outside EU. Here's the adress

Allo Nippocas'
ZI Croix de Metz
54200 Toul
Tél : 03.83.65.56.58

I don't think the guy speaks anything but French.

Best regards.

Max.

brownbear said:
isn't that an awesome drive? I did it a few years ago. thought it was a blast. its better from one direction then the other, I thing west to east??

have fun, or are you back already?
we are back, and i did the trip from the east to west, i recommend from the west to east or if i was smart it would have been both ways instead of up through BC...
yes, it is a beautiful run...

Satamax said:
Hi everybody!

Wayne, i've contacted the seller of thoses trays. They are from PHZJ79. They cost 450 euros all taxes included, leaving from Toul, you'd be able to knock off 19.6% VAT off of that price since you're outside EU. Here's the adress

Allo Nippocas'
ZI Croix de Metz
54200 Toul
Tél : 03.83.65.56.58

I don't think the guy speaks anything but French.

Best regards.

Max.
damn, that seems pretty cheap... i think shipping would kill the deal...
thanks

Hi everybody!

Wayne, the main thing is i don't know anything about shipping. I've tried to get some woodworking tooling from the states, and everything over 30 KG is near imposible to ship, but if i hear of a way to ship one of thoses trays to you, i'll sure let you know. Actualy i'd like to know how to ship cars or other things from the states to France.

best regars.

Max.

if you want to ship cars from the states then i highly recommend making a RELIABLE and HONEST contact there. once you do then everything after that is a cake walk... seriously, if you make a good contact then you will save much more than what his fees are in lack of frustration...
cheers

That is an awesome truck man! I absolutly love the PZJ75's. You have done amazing work to that truck! I am from Manitoba, Canada and i was wondering how you get your hands on a truck like that?

my email is andrew_polarisracing@yahoo.ca

Thanks,
Andrew

Last edited:
Andrew,
this was a case of being in the right place at the right time..
it just about fell into my lap. the wife and i was on a putz trough BC, visiting a couple buds and they showed me this unit out behind their shop, money changed hands and the rest is on the web...
cheers

well, i should be getting the PZJ75 out of the shop today. he has only been able to get the base floor done so far but at least now i can get the bugger registered and on the road.
the sides and cage and 7 ft pull out boxes will have to wait for a bit.
i will ge tthe turbo on order and the propane kit is already here.

i will post pics soon.
cheers

Other than all the toys you are adding, I think it would be almost the perfect truck for my Dad! I am really pushing him onto a land cruiser, because his ford van is on its last legs. It isn't easy to find truck style LC's in canada and RHD is just soemthing else to deturr him.

And of course as always your a genius wayne, that truck is gonna be amazing, and the truck you started with was far from that!

pics from 7 am this morning:
note the 2 full length boxe recievers.
the signals are being workered into the corners with an aluminum guard plate behind to prevent rock damage.
the box front and sides will be the same height as the front pillars.
the cage and canvas cover will be ounted to the top of the fold down sides. just remove the top and aluminum cage, drop and slide out the sides and you are back to a flat deck. this will make for a very versitile trayback, don't you agree?
tray back RR side.jpg
tray back rear.jpg
tray back LR side.jpg

the whole assemlbe can be raised with blocks at the 8 mounting points to what ever height is needed to clear the tires should i want to go bigger tires...
the deck is bolted so as to eliminate the warping that comes with welding aluminum but the stress points will be welded for strength.
i decided i wanted to stay the same width as the body for visibility.
he is to have the basic deck done today and then the truck will go back in for the sides and drop gate and cage assembly.
tray back FL side.jpg
tray back FR side.jpg
tray back floor.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom