Builds 1995 PZJ75 refurbish/build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looking more like a truck all the time...
no hood side view.jpg

Sweet Wayne... I love the latter style 7x grills. :) Usually I don't like chrome but I think it will make the paint really stand out.

Wayne,

That is too funny I have recently learned the same thing about the fenders as I am taking blacky apart. All I can say is with all the hardware on those fenders it would take a series accident to ripe one off the truck :)

Check out some of my 70's pictures on my web, Cannock has all black and lil' squirt and bluey have chrome. if you go with the chrome mirrors and bumper you really should go with chrome wheels as well. If you do the black you can go with either on the wheels.

So are you going to keep this one or sell it????

I gotta get me one I really like them. Like I said before great work . I really like the paint color it looks smart. :beer: :beer:

this is it for tonight.
i was able to get my painter to help stick the hood on. final adjustments tomorrow, finish under the hood, paint the rear frame some more adjustments and then it is on to the tray back...
cheers and thanks for all the compliments...
<i really think i will go with the chrome, i agree normally chrome wouldn't be a big deal but with this colour i think it will be just enough of a touch to really set it off...>
hood finally on.jpg
hood on drivers side.jpg

break down of costs:
3000 purchase truck
1500 (used) replacement hood, fenders upper and lower, rad support, valance, doors
300 new vent under windshield
100 new hood
160 new plastic grill
500 (used) replacement roof and back
4500 LJ71 parts truck
400 new rims(5)
1000 new tires (5)
2500 paint
40 new front signals (deal)
40 new rear signals(deal)
250 new heater assembly (for if i put air conditioning in)
500 new snorkel
340 new windsield

still to do:
2000 trayback
300 inspection and registration
free lift kit (of ol smokey)
$23,030 total investment

adds up pretty quick, eh?

crushers said:
break down of costs:

adds up pretty quick, eh?

And yet what could you possibly buy today that would be nearly as cool? With $23K? I'm assuming Canadian $$$$? Looks great, can't wait to see the trayback.

thank you for the compliment.

this is so true, what can you buy that will turn as many heads as a 75 series and be as practicle?

yes that is CND...
cheers

incredible Wayne, Incredible!!!! Thinking to what it was. Make sure to take some pictures outside when you get it in the fresh air.

What are your rims? Factory Toyota?

You haven't mentioned engine mods yet in that tally yet as well. Wait till the turbo is on there and propane.

After this project you can return the 79 to its former glory. Maybe a RV type truck.

Congrates!!

Wayne,

Think about running the exhaust on the inside of the frame, that way you can put sliders on it if you ever decide to. Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

Michael

Rippin smart looking cruiser........

Base clear or single stage?

brownbear said:
incredible Wayne, Incredible!!!! Thinking to what it was. Make sure to take some pictures outside when you get it in the fresh air.

What are your rims? Factory Toyota?

You haven't mentioned engine mods yet in that tally yet as well. Wait till the turbo is on there and propane.

After this project you can return the 79 to its former glory. Maybe a RV type truck.

Congrates!!
you are right there BB, no engine mods in the quote just a shampoo and that will be it for now BUT if i do mods i will be keeping track of the costs.
i do plan on a turbo and PI but i wanted to run it for a bit first.
i am looking at a R151 swap but i will need to swap the imput shaft from the PZ into it...
got any kicking around??
The 79 is on it's way to a new home in Ontario so that is out of my hands...
maybe next time...
cheers

Red Herring said:
WOW!! Looking good Wayne! Will we see it in Vancouver??? Hmmm?
if all goes well the test run will be to the crusier days...
if not then the white HZJ75 will be there...
thanks for the compliment

tlcruiserman said:
Wayne,

Think about running the exhaust on the inside of the frame, that way you can put sliders on it if you ever decide to. Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,

Michael
actually i have sliders on HZJ75 that has the exhaust on the outside. not a big deal at all...

Radd Cruisers said:
Rippin smart looking cruiser........

Base clear or single stage?
Thank you Rob.
it is a single stage acrylic...
the thing i hate about base clear is the paint when it does chip, chips in huge chuncks. the acrylic chips tiny marks..
cheers

so i ran into my first real PITA snag yesterday. i wanted to finish off the cab, the phone was ringing constantly so i had a hard time getting my head around the problems.
i finished off the door panels and gave the PW/PDL/PM a try and they work great. yah hoo (i hate electrical).
swapped the chrome mirrors on, got ready for the running boards but i though i would fire her up and move her out for a clean up.
CLICK
what the ...
CLICK
checked the battery, lots of juice.
checked the head lights...
DEAD check the bulbs they are fine
signals work, 4 ways work, no running lights.
crap.
check the bulbs and the running lights are now working.
no headlights and no start.

i have to concentrate on stripping a LJ71 today so if anyone has suggestions feel free to through them out. (did i mention i really do hate elec?)
it ran fine before i brought it in and the headlights worked fine so it has to be a wire off (ground?) if i had a bit more time then there would be no problem figuring it out but i have this truck to strip, a tranny to swap in a customers truck on monday, wed we leave for our Ruby-Con a 4 day off road adventure covering 400 km with out returning to the highway or a base camp so i have to pack for that...

feel free to give me ideas.

BTW the chrome mirros look real nice and i test fitted the chrome front bumper, i tried the black but the chrome really does work good with the paint colour...

cheers and thanks for reading my ramble...
off to work

crushers said:
break down of costs:
3000 purchase truck
1500 (used) replacement hood, fenders upper and lower, rad support, valance, doors
300 new vent under windshield
100 new hood
160 new plastic grill
500 (used) replacement roof and back
4500 LJ71 parts truck
400 new rims(5)
1000 new tires (5)
2500 paint
40 new front signals (deal)
40 new rear signals(deal)
250 new heater assembly (for if i put air conditioning in)
500 new snorkel
340 new windsield

still to do:
2000 trayback
300 inspection and registration
free lift kit (of ol smokey)
$23,030 total investment

Having a kick ass rig Priceless sorry had to say it. I've invested almost as much as but in US dollars in my rig and it doesn't look as cool.

Hi Wayne, could be one or 2 problems that just occurred at the same time by chance, or by something you did.

I'd check the headlight fuse (which i'm sure you have done), then check back at the fuse panel, maybe you pinched or chaffed a wire when you had the dash out. Check at the panel to see if you have power coming into the starter and headlight fuses.

Then I'd clean the battery connections and posts. There might be enough power trickling throught the cables for some ancilliary devices - but not enough for the starter.

If it is "clicking' then you are getting power to the starter - check how much.

If that doesnt work, hit the starter with a solid object that isnt you head. Try a cat or an axe handle.

Have fun on your trip!

Louis
Adventure Auto Imports

PS, my 2 trucks got bumped off the june 27 boat, looks like my guy has a few spots booked for the July 10 Boat - keeping fingers crossed.

Biff said:
Having a kick ass rig Priceless sorry had to say it. I've invested almost as much as but in US dollars in my rig and it doesn't look as cool.
thanks Victor for the compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom