Builds 1990 4Runner Build/Rescue (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That was certainly a Diamond in the Rough Transformed. Good job.
How was the inside of the replacement fuel tank? You've got me worried about mine now.

That was certainly a Diamond in the Rough Transformed. Good job.
How was the inside of the replacement fuel tank? You've got me worried about mine now.

Thank you!

The replacement wasn't as clean as I would've liked - there was a little rust in there. But the truck it came out of ran and drove so I knew it would work. It'll get a brand new gas tank down the road.

Man not to give you a hard time but is this truck even around anymore 🙃:flipoff2:

Yeah it is! :flipoff2: Still need to replace the bleeders & the tie rod ends. I've been too busy with house stuff & installing A/C in my 1987 to even think about jumping back onto this one. But I definitely need to.

Longest tie rod install in history :flipoff2:

I'd counter by saying longest 3.0 replacement in history. :flipoff2:

Yes - it's on the back burner for now. Bigger fish to fry (house stuff) to get ready for monsoon season here amongst a million other things. I'll get around to it lol.

Yes - it's on the back burner for now. Bigger fish to fry (house stuff) to get ready for monsoon season here amongst a million other things. I'll get around to it lol.
Technically im not 100% settled im going with a 3.0 (only 99%) , so that skews the data :kiss:

What monsoon? It tried a week or so ago, but now it's f'n hot and dry.

What monsoon? It tried a week or so ago, but now it's f'n hot and dry.

They say ours is coming in the next week or so..hopefully. It's hot and dry here too. Want to re-seal a couple things since my carport and garage flood everytime it rains. :bang:

I will say though, I was just in South Carolina where it's 90 degrees at 80% humidity all day. I was very happy to get home to our dry heat here.

I just finished doing recoating our built up roofs a few weeks ago. I'll say I hate that job. I hate the job I working on now more, mesquite tree pruning. Monsoon prep sucks.

I just finished doing recoating our built up roofs a few weeks ago. I'll say I hate that job. I hate the job I working on now more, mesquite tree pruning. Monsoon prep sucks.

I did mine back in April before I had the guys install A/C on the house - definitely happy that I didn't wait until it was super hot! I do have to trim my mullberry tree though - not fun either.

I did mine back in April before I had the guys install A/C on the house - definitely happy that I didn't wait until it was super hot! I do have to trim my mullberry tree though - not fun either.

I kept waiting until it was warm but no rain. Every time I had free time we were scheduled for those freak rain storms, so mid-June it was.

So you have 4-6 weeks to get this rig moving...

It runs and drives and moves...but trail ready? Not quite yet.

I'll get to it....

nearly 14 months and no updates. Did this get sent south of the border?
Not at all! Still have it and have done some more work to it - haven't really updated the thread though!

We replaced both of the rear wheel cylinders as we continue to fight the horrendous brakes on it. I also deleted the LSPV as it was bad and figured it was the main issue for the spongy brakes. It did improve it some but not too much - here are some pics.

45cfyw.jpg

mWQjxD.jpg

We've bleed the brakes on this truck probably 50 times and I'm still under the impression there is air in the lines. There is no way that a with new master cylinder, wheel cylinders & a LSPV delete the brakes can be this bad. Next course of action is just to take it to a shop where they can bleed it with some fancy machine to ensure there is no air in the lines.

While we haven't done much to it since this we have both decided that it's time to do a 3.4 swap. The 3.0 in this thing is pretty much on it's last leg. We've already ordered a lot of the parts we need from toyonlyswaps and will be taking it over to a friend's house in the next couple weeks to rip out the 3.0 and get a new clutch in.

Stay tuned...

What do your brake hoses look like?
Brake lines appear to be fine and were replaced at some point as they are braided stainless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom