For Sale 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser HJ61 - $22k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought this vehicle in October 2016. It currently has 170k miles. It already had the old man emu lift and tires. I don't use it as a daily driver. Its a right hand drive turbo diesel that was imported from Japan. It has the 12H-T motor and an automatic transmission. All the mechanical work has been done at State Automotive, a well known Land Cruiser shop here in Utah. I have receipts for almost everything I've done to the vehicle. I'm sure I'll forget a few things but the list below should give you an idea.

Mechanical Work
Rebuild front knuckles
New radiator
New thermostat
New hoses
New fan clutch
New water pump
New batteries
New battery cables & terminal ends
3' exhaust
Tachometer repair
Transfer case re-build
New transmission cooler line

Exterior
Cut out all the rusted areas and replaced both quarter and rocker panels using parts from cruiserparts.net
Replaced the front grille and light casings
Custom built roof rack with tower gutter mounts
LED bulbs

Interior
Had all four doors reupholstered
Dynomat sound dampening inside all doors, behind the panels, and in the cargo area
New rear speakers
Installed two 24v to 12v converters

I've posted it online with 57 pictures
https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5024107
Asking price for the ih8mud crowd is $22,000. I posted it higher on the ad to save time.

Email: mgillrie@gmail.com
Phone: 650.272.9957 (text me)

outside1.jpg
outside10.jpg
inside1.jpg
door4.jpg
inside10.jpg

Last edited:
Surprised I haven't had any comments. What am I missing?

Everything works, including the AC, power windows with sunroof, 4 wheel drive system.

Nice truck looks solid. Perhaps just less of a market for the RHD though of course the deisel is very desirable. Maybe price on the very high end for most mudders?

I think it's a beauty. I'm committed to another truck and project but hang in there. Possibly smaller audience for rhd but I think your price is right there.

GLWS

that's a beauty...one thing I hate about MUD is that I see so many cool LC's that I want to buy them all and can't make up my mind.
First world problems o_O

GLWS!

I think automatic and RHD factor in to sway away those wanting LHD and 5spd. There is a buyer that will chime in WHI wants this config. It might be on fleabay where you find the buyer. Great rig. GLWS.

Good luck with the sale from a fellow mudder in Utah with a HJ61! Most of my mechanical work has been done by State Auto as well, they are a great shop!

Nice looking truck. It will get traction where ever you list it. Price is in range for what you are offering. GLWS.

That $17k had rust showing which means it could have more underneath. It also has no lift and more issues with the interior. Also not as much mechanical work put in. I didn't do the bumper ends because I liked it more without them.

That said, I'd take $17k for mine.

I didn't see the earlier messages about import docs. I have all the paperwork.

Last edited:
That $17k had rust showing which means it could have more underneath. It also has no lift and more issues with the interior. Also not as much mechanical work put in. I didn't do the bumper ends because I liked it more without them.

Did you rebuild injectors or any other mechanical work done? You said old man emu was already on it... any idea how old it is? stock hight? Wonder what kind of pain it is to register it in CA... I've seen a few of them here but not sure how crazy DMV gets with diesels/imports

$17k for this thing?! That is a FANTASTIC deal...

Why has someone not jumped on that yet?!

Really nice looking. You might want to rehost your pictures somewhere, since your original linked ad expired.

That's a good folder name. What about pictures of the undercarriage?

The HJ61 that sold for 17k (was actually 18k). Was mine. It didn’t have any rust other than pictured. That being said I don’t think your price is too wild. I was offered 21k for mine but then the guys wife nixed it the next day. I would ditch the JDM steering wheel for sure and get an OEM one.

I would not take any less than 18k for yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom