For Sale 1986 FJ60: V8,700R4, ARB, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 restomod. 190,000 miles on chassis, under 10,000 miles on the motor and trans.

The motor was running stong in this truck but the tranny had given up. Upgraded the motor with a 350 V8 that just underwent a complete rebuild with MSD ignition and mated it to a rebuilt 700R4 transmission. Having an overdrive in this truck is awesome!

The truck was built a couple of years ago. Here is what was done then. New Old Man Emu lift, new 33x10.50x15 BFG tires(still like new), new 4:11 gears, new ARB touring roof rack that will accommodate an ARB tent, ARB front grill/bumper with an integrated Warn M8000 lb. winch, new IPF lights, new Tuffy lock box; new stereo. This truck runs, drives and looks great. Unfortunately it does have a little bit of bubbling in the paint on the passenger side over the wheel well and a spot where the paint cracked. The charcoal stripes were laid in the paint and are not decals. The interior is original and in great condition for its age. -If you would like to inspect or test drive the truck please contact me.

Asking $17,950. Located in Chicago, Illinois

630-853-2907

Joe

10d60jl.jpg

2s5xvdg.jpg

BUMP!! Car is for sale again, now asking $17,500 and miles are 193,xxx. Still drive it occasionally on weekends but bought an easier commuter car. Added new valve covers as well.

Joe- 630-853-2907

It lists the tranny as a 700r4 which is a nice 4 speed automatic.
My question is what rear end and transfercase set up is it? That doesn't appear to be an FJ60 rear and it looks like a centered driveshaft out of the transfercase which I don't think would be an FJ60 set up either. Maybe all Chevy with an np 231 or something older?

the rear end is out of a Jeep Wagoneer, I don't know about the transfercase, I thought it was the stock one...

it's up on ebay now

my apologies but that's quite the disclosure - might need some angel wings to go with that price tag.good luck to you on ebay though!

HOLY SMOKES !!!! a Wagoneer rear end ???! ZOIKS lol
I actually understand this. Same 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern for wheels and a centered diff to deal with the domestic transfer case. It is a Dana 44. With how that truck is set up it should be adequate.

bump, ebay "buyer" put a deposit down, but couldn't come up with the extra cash. gave him a month. truck is for sale again.

What else can you tell me about the "new" V-8? Crate, salvage? Why did the engine need a rebuild if its less than 10K miles?

It was done by the PO, it's a crate motor. The old trans went out and they decided to just to the entire engine and trans swap at that time.

It was done by the PO, it's a crate motor. The old trans went out and they decided to just to the entire engine and trans swap at that time.

350 crate engines seem to run the gamut from 190hp to "how much do you want to spend?" Is it safe to assume this falls on the lower end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom