1977 FJ40 H55F Extended Parking Brake Cable

I have a 1977 FJ40 and I'm doing an H55F swap with a t-case drum parking brake. It has the "T" style of parking brake cable end.

Does anyone know if there is an OEM Toyota parking cable that is extended 7" to 8" (68" total) that has the "T" style end?

I think Toyota PN 46410-60050 is 68" long, but I'm not sure it has the correct cable end.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I was able to remove the old brake cable from the backing plate utilizing this writeup.

Last edited:
Well, I was at least able to get the parking brake cable assembly removed from the truck.

You can see the "T" end style I was talking about.

I still haven't figured out how to separate the cable from the backing plate. I should probably start by stripping it down.

I'll probably just send the cable to Push-Pull once I get everything separated.

So the whole point of this thread was to find a 68" long parking brake that had the same cab-side T-end as the OEM setup. That way everything worked like stock.

I assumed that if I could get the brake cable out, I could send it to Push-Pull.com and they would fabricate a cable that matched the OEM Toyota stuff perfectly.

Unfortunately after calling Push-Pull.com, they do not use OEM-style components, but just generic SAE components that you make work with the Toyota e-brake handle assembly. That is not really what I wanted.

I called JTOutfitters because their website appeared to have the correct T-style end, but I wasn't sure which cable was 68" long.

They confirmed that all of their brake cables have the T-style end, and that the "7/70 - 1/75 (3 speed)" option in the drop-down menu is 68" long.

I have placed my order and will report back once I receive the cable to confirm that it is correct.

Thanks for watching!

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
He means this:

Caveat emptor.

He means this:

Caveat emptor.
Well that is unfortunate. We’ll see how this plays out. Luckily the cable was not very expensive. I also used PayPal, which has a lot of protection for the Buyer.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
...well, it's not as bad as buying an extended car warranty from a Nigerian Prince. Joe may ship the parts to you promptly... maybe.

Good luck with your project!

Last edited:
...well, it's not as bad as buying an extended car warranty from a Nigerian Prince. Joe may chose to ship the parts to you promptly... maybe.

Good luck with your project!
Well, you know what they say about the internet - The best way to get the correct answer is to post the wrong one. :rofl:

Top Bottom