JT outfitters rear disk brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ordered my rear disk brackets from JT Outfitters and picked up some grade 8, 3/8" x 1 1/2" bolts like the web site instructed. Just got the package from the brown santa. The holes in the brackets measure 0.473". That is a tad bigger than the 3/8" (0.375") bolts. Will this be an issue? Should I ream the holes on the axle tube flange to match the bracket and go with a larger bolt?

Joe O

Run the 3/8" bolts, you will be fine.

I know JTO has a bad rap and I personally have never had any dealings with the guy but if I were to do it again I would consider also buying from them the rotors that are already machined out to fit the LC rear axles. I had a nightmare trying to find anyone that would do it and then anyone that would do it for less than an arm and a leg. I ended up finding a hole-in-the-wall machine shop off the beaten path that did the machining on both for $80. Just thoughts to consider.......

Go here (click on the word "here") and download the pdf file detailing the specs for the brackets. Should answer your questions.

I know JTO has a bad rap and I personally have never had any dealings with the guy but if I were to do it again I would consider also buying from them the rotors that are already machined out to fit the LC rear axles. I had a nightmare trying to find anyone that would do it and then anyone that would do it for less than an arm and a leg. I ended up finding a hole-in-the-wall machine shop off the beaten path that did the machining on both for $80. Just thoughts to consider.......

Funny, that's the issue I had with them. Rotors from JTO were NOT machined and I had to pay a local company $40 to open them up. Call TSM for your disk brake needs.

Funny, that's the issue I had with them. Rotors from JTO were NOT machined and I had to pay a local company $40 to open them up. Call TSM for your disk brake needs.

I'm just going by what their advertising says:
"For those who have a GM based front or rear disc brake conversion, this the vented rear disc brake rotor. Hub is opened to fit your hub 4.20". Sold each."

link here:
Conversion Disc Brake Rotor - JT Outfitters

part number: RDBROTOR

Who knows. If available from another source..surely to be considered.

x2 on Poser's rotors.

I bought ONE set of items for my swap from JTO, they were the small hoses from metric to standard. Cheap enough, and nicely made.

They sent them with the wrong caliper banjo bolt thread. Drive all over town ,$3 ea at the third parts store I went to, but a huge pain in the ass for what was supposed to be shipped with my hose kit. They never called back after a few messages, and never responded to my emails. I did not even want my money back, just the $6 I spent to be credited at their shop.

Everything from Poser bolted in in minutes.

edit: I have bought several other items from them in the past and had no issues whatsoever. The cust. service in this situation sucked, though.

Poser is the man for machined rotors...

:beer:

x2 on Poser's rotors.

I bought ONE set of items for my swap from JTO, they were the small hoses from metric to standard. Cheap enough, and nicely made.

They sent them with the wrong caliper banjo bolt thread. Drive all over town ,$3 ea at the third parts store I went to, but a huge pain in the ass for what was supposed to be shipped with my hose kit. They never called back after a few messages, and never responded to my emails. I did not even want my money back, just the $6 I spent to be credited at their shop.

Everything from Poser bolted in in minutes.

edit: I have bought several other items from them in the past and had no issues whatsoever. The cust. service in this situation sucked, though.

The brackets and rotors I bought from Poser, fit with no issues.

Poser X4

I had a nightmare trying to find anyone that would do it and then anyone that would do it for less than an arm and a leg. I ended up finding a hole-in-the-wall machine shop off the beaten path that did the machining on both for $80. Just thoughts to consider.......
Maybe Downeys are not such a bad deal afterall. We machine the pilot (alignment hole) to 4.175", and we machine the interior wall to 7.340" to clear the full-floating rear-end you may buy from slick old Marv someday.

Not sayinng $80 was a deal or not...just what I had to pay. Having a bother-in-law that's a machinist that would do it for free would be a deal.

I thought it over.

Had a couple of options: ream out the axle flange to 12mm or bush
the bracket.

I decided the bracket should fit WITHOUT mods and
called 'em this morning for a FULL refund. JT said they had sold
THOUSANDS of the brackets and would not refund my total cost.
I proceeded to tell them that I wouldn't eat the shipping. I felt I
was in the right because the bracket had oversize mount holes and
wouldn't fit even with the recommended 3/8" mount bolts. I was
then told I was ignorant. JT said they wouldn't refund shipping and I
would have to pay return shipping. I then told 'em I was going to
dispute the credit card charge and was promptly called a thief.

JT outfitters can go F themselves and I will NEVER buy from them again.

Anyone want a free set of JT outfitters brackets?

You pay shipping.

Joe O

You are making a big deal out of nothing and are making what some may seem as unreasonable demands from probably the worst customer service-oriented company selling products to our little hobby. In life, one has to pick their battles and this ain't one of them.

They will work as-is. End of subject.

If you really feel compelled to make it Swiss-watch accurate just drill both and use larger hardware. Needed? Probably not. Will it hurt anything? Nadda.

I have said it before. Nothing just bolts on when you are custom-modifying a +30 year old vehicle that has not been available to purchase new in this country for a minimum of 25 years.

Put down the phone, pick up the parts and go after it! You can do it!

the stupid POS basically told me he has made a pile of
money on those things. Screw him. I do pick my battles. I just got
tired of all the idiots out there. You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Joe O

Glad I used search and read this thread before I called and ordered these from JTO. It reminded me of the quality of service they provide.

the stupid POS basically told me he has made a pile of
money on those things. Screw him. I do pick my battles. I just got
tired of all the idiots out there. You do your thing, I'll do mine.

Joe O

woo hoo! Right on Man!

You know there is so many ways they could of handled it with a technical explanation or advice, offer a refund, etc but when they are jerks to hell with them right?

They will learn the lesson--A customer can be wrong but should never be unhappy eh?

Helped put a set of Poser's brackets on a friend's 40...went on without any problem. Go with Poser.

What is the website of Poser?

i got mine from tsm and everything fit fine they supplied the bolts .you can buy as little or as much of the kit you want .they have been around for years ,since i dont shop around i dont know if the price is good or not but they have been on there many years and no problems good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom