JT Outfitters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
From the JT Outfitters website "hub is opened to fit your hub 4.2 inches." Does this look like 4.2" to any of you? Now I have to deal with sending the rotors back or having them milled locally. Think he will eat the $27 shipping? Why can't companies be honest in their business practices?

that sucks. I hate them when that happens. Actually my experience with JT outfitters has been excellant. Customer service was really good. Stay calm and explain what happened and see what they say. Keep us posted. :cheers:

I intend on being rational, but it's Saturday, the truck is jacked up, and I'm ready to work. I called but like their website says, they are only open some Saturdays and nobody is answering. Gotta wait until Monday.

:mad:

Do you have a link? Just curious. I know your pain. Hate when I waste a saturday or time due to not having any or having wrong parts. I am glad most auto stores are open weekend. Know it does not help you situation. Good luck with this. :cheers:

[quote author=cruiserwanted link=board=1;threadid=11860;start=msg108274#msg108274 date=1077388565]
Do you have a link? Just curious. I know your pain. Hate when I waste a saturday or time due to not having any or having wrong parts. I am glad most auto stores are open weekend. Know it does not help you situation. Good luck with this. :cheers:
[/quote]

Link: http://www.jtoutfitters.com/product/RDBROTOR
What I bought is clearly not what I received.

Thanks for the link. Agree clearly not what you received. Good luck on Monday. It will all get straightened out one way or another.

I bought those about a year ago,still waiting for my drum brakes to totally die before installing.
I better check mine out.
No problems with JT in the past.

Dang. I hate when crap like that happens to me... :-\

And I have a question for ya: Right under the pic in the link you posted it states "this the vented rear disc brake rotor" but the one in the pic doesn't look vented to me. Are yours vented? I am working on a rear disc swap for my full-floater, and if my first setup doesn't work as I want it to, I'm gonna try using the GM discs and I would need non-vented ones...and those are a pretty good price.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

-Ferg-

Ferg-think you might be a bit confused. The rotors could be vented. Need to look on the edge for that. They certainly arent drilled or slotted and definately arent the right size.

JT sent me a hub socket that didnt fit. Took a while to get through but finally got the right part. My biggest complaint with them is not telling me when stuff is backordered.

[quote author=theferg link=board=1;threadid=11860;start=msg108347#msg108347 date=1077407963]
Dang. I hate when crap like that happens to me... :-\

And I have a question for ya: Right under the pic in the link you posted it states "this the vented rear disc brake rotor" but the one in the pic doesn't look vented to me. Are yours vented?
[/quote]

Yes they are vented. As Bama B said, the pic doesn't show the sides.

theferg...

What caliper are you going to use on the non-vented rotor?

I have been told the pre-82 Toyota Supra calipers are for non-vented rotors. But I have yet to find a non-vented rotor that will work on my axle and work with that caliper--but I haven't looked very hard yet. I'm tyring to get ahold of some of the supra calipers from a junk yard and then work on figurin' out the disc... Though I am not certain that I want to use a non-vented rotor with my heavy-ass cruiser. I know I am just going to end up down at the junk yard diggin' through piles of calilpers and discs comparing them to some stock calipers and rotors to try and come up with something.

-Ferg-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom