1976 FJ55 one owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is my 1976 FJ55 one owner vehicle I recently purchased. It was a complete, not running and bought off the elderly couple.

I have already sourced a good running, low km 3F engine and a Factory 5 speed to suit. Factory Air-conditioning and Power Steering as well.

Looking forward to sharing the build with you all.

IMG_3628.JPG

I'll bet the bloke who did the rack was an electrician...those are some big radius bends. Love the poo brown graphics! I was born on the wrong island...

Welcome BananaBender,

That's got Aus. written all over it. She's a good looking wagon! The body looks to be in good shape, any rust issues?

I'll bet the bloke who did the rack was an electrician...those are some big radius bends. Love the poo brown graphics! I was born on the wrong island...

Banana Farmer believe it or not! The barwork and graphics are both dealer fitted and have been on the csr since day dot. Both will staying as it makes the Pig unique. I think my 55 is the only known one with this style of barwork.

Welcome BananaBender,

That's got Aus. written all over it. She's a good looking wagon! The body looks to be in good shape, any rust issues?

There's some very minor rust in the gutters and the stone chips have started to run a little bit due to being left out in the weather. Solid sills, doors and panels thankfully to my liking.

Nice find! Thats so cool to get all that history with it too! Sounds like your on your way to a really nice rig :beer:

ROW market got drums on all four paws

yes or carbed 3Fs with 5 speeds...but we got tailgates, so :p

All the FJ55's in Australia came out with F or 2F motors. They also had drum brakes all round yes, as disc brakes didn't arrive until 1982. I managed to buy a low km 3F engine with a brand new clutch, alternator, starter, and genuine carburetor with the old as spares for around $500 AUS delivered. It was cheaper, and more realistic option than any 2F available.

These are the other two FJ55's I picked up for a couple hundred each. Green had a solid shell, was missing a lot of parts. It due to be crushed so I saved it in the nick of time. White one had a very rusty shell, however was all complete, running and driving. I ended up stripping and selling parts to other FJ55 owners before giving what was left away to a young fella just south of Cairns.

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_3932.JPG

IMG_3935.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom