1975 vin number (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I cant find the vin on my 1975 fj40, can anybody guide me please
Should have a vin plate on the drivers side door pillar and stamped on the passenger side front frame rail.

Like this and this :m

Below is the DRIVERS SIDE door jamb data ID plate :

then the larger one below is the ENGINE Bay one

i am going to take a Leap here and suggest you have a NON USA IMPORT FJ40 1975 and you just recently purchased it correct ?

DSCN6257.JPG
July 1975 factory soft top..jpg
DSCN8259 - Copy.JPG

Outside frame rail in front of tire.
20211214_170014.jpg

Unless the frame has been modified.

No sir. That’s the identification # for the motor. Went through the same thing with a HJ45 I got out of Costa Rica. As mentioned above, check the front passenger side of the frame. I found mine there after hitting it with a wire wheel.

No sir. That’s the identification # for the motor. Went through the same thing with a HJ45 I got out of Costa Rica. As mentioned above, check the front passenger side of the frame. I found mine there after hitting it with a wire wheel.
Could you show me with a photo where I can see the vehicle pointing me on a more exact location, the frame is painted over and I can’t figure out where it is. Lol Funny the tile’s vin number maches what you are saying is the engine number. Thank you

That's the engine serial #. Does it match the # on the title?

This is the location of the VIN #. It should be on the outside of the frame on the pass side between the frt crossmember and the frame extension. The # should match the # on the title.
Sorry to be a bother, English is my second language and I am not familiar with car parts in English

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom