For Sale 1973 fj45 crew cab landcruiser super rare! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Crew Cab version is the "holy grail" of Landcruiser lovers. I’ve done research on this particular body style and this is what I’ve found out. (Please email me with any information you have about the FJ45 Crew Cabs).
The Crew Cab version was built and sold by special order through the Australian Government directly to the mining companies. These durable trucks were used in the harsh desert environment because of their ability to go through almost anything. Luckily the dryness of the desert preserved some of these Crew Cab FJ45s which were then sold by the mining companies when they eventually replaced them with new Landcruisers. In the later years Toyota sold a Crew Cab version in Brazil for a couple years but they are not exactly the same. There are also imitation examples of these trucks in the United States where people have spent ridiculous amounts of dollars and labor to stretch a FJ40 to create an imitation FJ45 Crew Cab.
This Landcruiser that I have for sale is NOT a FJ40 that has been stretched, modified, created, cut, chopped, or fabricated but instead is an original stock FJ45 Landcruiser Crew Cab used in the mines and the VIN# identifies it as a FJ45. Original Crew Cab Landcruisers are rare in the rest of the world but are EXTRTEMELY rare here in the United States.
According to what I’ve read on the internet there are less than TEN of these original version Crew Cab Landcruisers currently in the United States. If you have any interest in owning one of these FJ45 Landcruisers this will probably be your only opportunity considering they seldom if ever come on the market. Luckily they are still part of the FJ40/45/47 group of trucks so all the parts are easily found on such websites as Specter, CCOT or even at Napa. The truck is located in Sunny San Diego and since it was manufactured 1973 it is smog exempt in the state of California.

The truck appears to be overall stock except that the drive train has been changed to what I believe to be a Ford 351C with an automatic transmission. I haven’t run any of the engine numbers and don’t know any of the history, details or miles on the engine. I have no problem with the buyer paying for a mechanical inspection. The engine runs strong with lots of V8 power. All the electrical and gauges work except the fuel gauge. It was recently repainted the original color, Dune Beige with a white top. Since it came from the desert and has a fiberglass roof the truck had very little rust when I purchased it. It is Right Hand Drive... which is completely legal in the US and is much easier to get used to than most people think.
It still is a 37 year old truck and was built with the technology from that era so it is heavy, rides rough and is not easy to turn the big 33" tires with the manual steering. But it looks cool as hell, has plenty of power, will drive through a river, and I promise you that you will get stopped at every gas station, red light and parking lot and asked what kind of truck it is and where it came from!
Comes with clear current CA title/registration/plates.
If you or anyone you know might be seriously interested in this beautiful and very unique vehicle please contact me at:
richardshep@hotmail.com Do not reply here as I dont check this site very often. It’s for sale at $17,500. Thanks Rich
010.jpg
001.jpg
033.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool rig

I don't think that Toyota ever did make crew cab trucks from the factory (well, at least not 40 series trucks).

Are you sure that isn't an Arkana conversion? Arkana converted 45LWBs for the mines in Australia and their cabs look an awful lot like that--right down to the hinges on the rear door.

It doesn't detract from the truck in any way IMHO. I'd buy an Arkana in a heartbeat (I wish I was in the market for another cruiser right now for that very reason--yours looks really nice).

Here's a link to a thread in the 45 section with some pics of an Arkana (the member is I believe pretty close to you)... https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-owners-club/341712-10-84-hj47-troopy-refurbish-build-up-3.html

Good luck with the sale! I REALLY, REALLY like the older body style ('73 in your case) with the crew cab body. Too cool!

Dan

some cargo box photos...

some cargo box photos would be good... how is the door hinged? hatch and tailgate or side swinging single door?
the roof rack and supports are insane!
great find! :bounce:

flip the bezel

While this is a cool truck can a car fax or like be run on it. this might be registered as a 1973 but it has post 74 doors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom