craigslist 1972 FJ55 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$4700 isn't a lot of money, but I'd like to see an honest report back on what the finally cost is. I believe the total cost of getting the whole thing where you want it is going to be eye opening. If you're up for it then jump on it, but I just hate to see another project stall because of budget under estimates. Good luck man, I would love to see another one saved.

$47000 around, you see them in states like I said very rare here .

To be honest $4700 is not a lot of money these days . I have not bought it yet.
I'm going to get kicked for saying this, but whatever you end up paying for it, considering it's running and driving, intact, complete, winch, Toyota PS, you'll get the majority if not all of your money back if you spend wisely. What other hobby (fishing=no, golf=no, hunting=no) can you invest and at least recoup the majority of your investment.. You own a 40 so you know the mechanics,,, if it were down the road from me I'd be looking hard at it... I do agree w the masses on the subject of price, you gotta try and whittle that purchase price down.. if you don't buy it what is she going to do with it? But I do think you have to have a 20K total figure in mind..at the lower end...the good news is if you spend even 25-30K, for an original pig w GOOD repairs done right (use metal on the rust repair) you're safe in my way of thinking... Document your progress, keep a folder and keep the sty tuned.... It's got a lot of potential..
Good luck.. thanks for sharing... BTW, get that dented roof piggie....

My work truck is a 2007 GMC 2500 HD gas 6 litre . I’m pissing out $180 every 2 to 3 days on it but I need it for my tree business.

Let me rewind the tape here . When I say $4700 is not a lot of money these days I mean it . I think regardless I can always get my money back out of it . The first thing is to fix that dent in the back roof it’s pissing off me and everyone else .

MC daddy rabbit thanks for the encouragement. I make money as a tree company not landcruisers.

Also I be doing the majority of the work .

The OP @DesertEmu bought the truck and received it yesterday, I went to go check it since it was bought without seeing it in person, it is as the seller claimed.

The good - The 55 runs and drives, has factory power steering and a vintage winch. Engine compartment is surprisingly clean and the frame is rock solid other than minor surface rust - zero rot front to back, a wire wheel would work wonders on it. Tailgate window works.

The bad - as seen in the photos it needs LOTS of love. She's a project for sure but an interesting one

The OP @DesertEmu bought the truck and received it yesterday, I went to go check it since it was bought without seeing it in person, it is as the seller claimed.

The good - The 55 runs and drives, has factory power steering and a vintage winch. Engine compartment is surprisingly clean and the frame is rock solid other than minor surface rust - zero rot front to back, a wire wheel would work wonders on it. Tailgate window works.

The bad - as seen in the photos it needs LOTS of love. She's a project for sure but an interesting one
No pics?

Only this one, 78 FJ45 (Super rusty), 71 FJ55 and 77FJ40 - all at the shop where they are getting roadworthy ;) Mine is the 77FJ40...
IMG_85731.jpg

Its there, I saw it with my own two eyes. The woman that this truck was bought from used to own a Toyota dealership....dunno if that has anything to do with it.

Cheers
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom