1966 FJ45LV restoration/buildup project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

merbesfield said:
You know I don't know why I did not remember that there are 6 studs, but thanks for that. Got it 6 on 5.5. Now as for the backsapcing, I am running 1979 FJ55 front and rear axles with a rear disc brack conversion kit. So how do I detirmine BS and whether or not a set of wheels will or will not work on my truck. Maybe I better find a local tire supplier to buy from so they can work with me if the wheels are not correct. If I order online, it could be an issue. Thanks for the help.

I ran three different wheels on my 55 and they all had 4.5 BS..... That's the number that kept coming up when I was researching wheels for my 55...I ran front disc only

Lou

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD
image-2846847353.jpg
image-3227776005.jpg
image-4133002929.jpg

I ran three different wheels on my 55 and they all had 4.5 BS..... That's the number that kept coming up when I was researching wheels for my 55...I ran front disc only

Lou

Did you ever run anything larger than 15"? I am going w 17".

They were all 15's.....I liked have a little more tire between the rim and the road....I ended up with stock steel rims that I had widened by Stockton Wheel in CA.... It allowed me to run a larger tire and use the factory hub cap.

Yea, I was torn between old school look w hub caps and new school w custom wheels. I have two sets of hub caps but in the end, I think the new school look, made famous by Jonathon w his ICON's is swaying me. I will not be rock crawling or even hard wheeling w this rig so not like I need a lot of meat. I have a Tundra 4x4 DD with 20's and it never has any issues w 4 wheel drive when I need it. And that is w 20's and fat street rubber.

The wheels on all American market LV's were 15's and I believe the rest of the world got 15's as well.

My 66 LV has 16" hub cap wheels on it. They had late 70s tires on them and tubes. Definitely Toyota wheels. It came to me with 4 16s and 1 15.

Tires are 255/85/16s
photo.jpg

Last edited:
Stockton wheel can build just about anything you would ever want. They had some issues last year, but are now under new ownership from what I understand.

Stockton Wheel

I may be going to them for my rig, as I am likely installing 60 series axles and will need the wheels to be different from OEM backspacing, but still be able to use the stock hubcaps.

Lucky for me, they are just down the road from Valley Hybrids.

:cheers:

Steve

While stockton wheel is a viable solution, i have had 3 sets of wheels widened by them and been happy with the result but they are heavy great for off road but really hard on the wallet on road plus they have taken a minimum of 3 months to get a set made and that is with me sourcing the toyota inners and calling once a week to check progress
And lastly when all is said and done you are looking at $200 a wheel
For someone who is not going to offroad their lv the 86 dollar summit wheels might be a more econical solution but only if the tabs work with our hub caps
Again nothing wrong with stockton just be prepared for the above mentioned
Jason

Wow, the plating looks incredible. Did you start with new pieces, or have the originals cleaned and re-plated? How much did that set you back, if you dont mind?

:cheers:

Steve

You can still buy hub cap wheels new from Toyota for less than $100 each.

Call Sam at Lowe Toyota. 1800-870-0038

I have them already sorted. This is the third round of plating. I was more meaning how and where all this stuff goes since I am not a big cruiser mechanical type person. As for wheels,I got them priced from CDan and locally for less than $100, but I'm not sure I want to go with old school 15" wheels at all. Thinking 16" or 17".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom