1966 FJ45LV restoration/buildup project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whoa, didn't think it was like him to not follow through on his word... Sorry to hear about this.

Yes I really was hoping he would come back from the dead so to speak, but it has been a loooong time and nothing. The amount of money I sent him was not small, but worse is the patterns I lost. I guess a good upholster will still be able to cover the seats, but I am sure it would have been easier with patterns.

I thought I would post just to say hi. Zero update, other than to say this project is not dead, just been on long term hold while other stuff has been worked on. Will start back some day. Still have not decided whether I will leave the current 2F or move up to an LS V8 swap. I know I would prefer the LS, just have to justify the time, effort and cost.

Hey, no worries! I'm in the same mode with my 45 LPB. Long term hold while I enjoy my 42. Time and Money are always the issue. I rarely, if ever, have both at once.

Great thread. It may have been a while since you've worked on it but man are you doing it right. I look forward to seeing this LV progress when you get the time to start again. What I wouldn't give to have a body as straight as this wagon. I definitely have sheet metal envy.

Thanks for props. I can't do rusted metal. Still debating whether to install LS motor vs keeping what I have. This is one of the reasons the project has stalled for so long. I want to do it right and like it in the end. An anemic straight 6 won't give much real world use.

So excited to score some NOS door handles for my LV. Two rear door handles still in Toyota bag w part label. Thx Turbo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom