18th Coal Mine Cruiser Classic Registration is now open (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SteveNJ

SILVER Star
Threads
Gotham City Land Cruisers is happy to announce that registration is now open for the 18th annual Coal Mine Cruiser Classic.

July 12-15
Rausch Creek Off Road Park
453 Molleystown Rd, Tremont, PA 17981

If you register after June 10, an event t-shirt will not be included in your driver’s bag.

Registration closes June 30.

All information can be found on our website: www.gclcny.com

Last edited:
What can I expect the event to be like? Recently got an FJ Cruiser and have never done any off-roading. Is this a beginner friendly event? Is it actually 3 days? Is there camping and dogs allowed?
Actually 4 days! Yes there will be a stock group, most will be camped at twin grove camp ground. There is a common camping area. (Less money) Crusha reserved a bunch of tent sites (more $) but they can be split. Info on that is in another thread. Dogs are welcome too.

I would suggest coming to a monthly ride as a passenger or driver to see what your getting into.

Actually 4 days! Yes there will be a stock group, most will be camped at twin grove camp ground. There is a common camping area. (Less money) Crusha reserved a bunch of tent sites (more $) but they can be split. Info on that is in another thread. Dogs are welcome too.

I would suggest coming to a monthly ride as a passenger or driver to see what your getting into.

And you have to buy a keg, all the new guys have done this.

What can I expect the event to be like? Recently got an FJ Cruiser and have never done any off-roading. Is this a beginner friendly event? Is it actually 3 days? Is there camping and dogs allowed?

Be prepared for some pinstriping at a bare minimum. @dci blair and @joabmc both have FJ cruisers and might chime in.

Rausch Creek, Rausch Creek Off-Road Park ,offer a beginner's off road class. Every month they take a small group through the park and show them what their truck can do. I strongly reccommend signing up for this.

FJ is a beyond capable vehicle even in stock form. I would highly advise a set of sliders as a first mod if you plan on going on the regular. I'd do that even before a lift. As @Crusha mentioned a class or two would not be the worst thing to do, Off-Road Consulting offers classes for all experience levels. Going to take a few trips out to get used to all the noises and sensations, but after that you'll find the swing of things quickly I'm sure. There is a lot of knowledge in this group, I've learned quite a bit in the past few months.

Just a reminder, 1 month left to get an event t-shirt in your driver’s bag.

Just registered. I should get my TLCA member number tattooed to my wrist, every year I can't seem find it!

I have a password app on my phone and saved it there...

Just registered. I should get my TLCA member number tattooed to my wrist, every year I can't seem find it!

That's why some put it in their signature :p

I use that on my luggage!!
I think??
I can't remember!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom