Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello friends! I've run out of shelf space and need to print a new t-shirt design so I've discounted the remaining inventory of HIH shirts. Help me clear the 100s IN THE HILLS shelf while at the same time earning entries in the #ClassicCruiserGiveaway!

View attachment 2428342

We're offering free shipping and 10 bonus entries on purchases made on Labor Day (9/7/20) so come grab a discounted shirt!

www.CruiserGear.co
ordered and got suckered into some other stuff on the website also :) One of these days I may have to sell my cruiser to pay for all the cruiser paraphernalia...

O. Henry wrote a story about that.

There was no watch strap offered at the site, the leather key lanyard for my bulky keys was the closest I could get. I will have to sell it with the vehicle to avoid the irony ;)

Is this the place for VirtuALL pics?

Kingston Peak was fun, but very dry and dead. I went late July a few years back and it was green and lush. I guess the window for beauty up there is pretty narrow.

1599584653961.png

1599584672607.png

1599584704539.png

1599584733948.png
View attachment 2429838
View attachment 2429837
View attachment 2429839
View attachment 2429840
View attachment 2429844

Attachments were weird. Hopefully that came through ok.

Yes. The delivery truck was on engineer. If you approach from the lake city side that is an incredibly well maintained trail than any vehicle can do (I've seen Subaru's get up Engineer with no problem from lake city) that turns into an unimproved road once you cross the top of the pass, but it is still an incredibly easy trail. It is very highly trafficked and quite wide, plenty big for a delivery truck to get up. Once you start coming down the switchbacks on the other side you really wouldn't have an opportunity for something that large to turn around until the fork for Animas. He likely just kept going and took his chances. No word on why his GPS took him that way or why no one stopped him to ask him what he was doing.

The Jeep situation is really unfortunate all around. Young guy got out to help spot someone and his parking brake didn't hold. The young lady in the vehicle was ejected and severely injured - she has a long road to recovery. I hope he is doing okay too, its a burden. They are from Durango and I am sure know the area and wheeling. Both their dog and puppy were also ejected, but the dog is ok and the puppy it sounds was found alive a few days later.

If you are able, they've created a fund for the young lady who was ejected from the vehicle. Helping Suzie Heal, organized by Zoe Faller

So many late season fires this year. Hopefully this one gets under control ASAP.

Anybody see this:

and

The photos below were from my drive back from Moab last weekend. They were take on 70 headed east a few miles before the turnoff for US 6. I am 99% sure that this is the Jeep that rolled. All parts and decals on the truck match up with the one in the video. Crazy to think how much worse it would have been if the black Jeep was 20 feet further up the road when the red Jeep came down....

20201019_174145(1).jpg

20201019_174119.jpg

Not sure who all watched ABC World News but the Jeep rollover story was featured tonight

Do we know the rescheduled dates for HIHx?

they were announced with the cancellation in may/June. It’s the last weekend in July ending august 1 I believe.

Be there or be square!!

they were announced with the cancellation in may/June. It’s the last weekend in July ending august 1 I believe.

Be there or be square!!
doh! thanks. I went back and found it. The #southernlandcruisers will be back again for sure!
We are officially postponing HIHX until July 27 – August 1st 2021

Last edited:
The photos below were from my drive back from Moab last weekend. They were take on 70 headed east a few miles before the turnoff for US 6. I am 99% sure that this is the Jeep that rolled. All parts and decals on the truck match up with the one in the video. Crazy to think how much worse it would have been if the black Jeep was 20 feet further up the road when the red Jeep came down....

View attachment 2474191
View attachment 2474192

I'd guess being ejected saves her life... That's one mangled Jeep!

Looks like a permit system is coming for hiking to Ice Lakes and it may include driving up to Clear Lake.

I applaud that move- hopefully it comes issued with some educational material instructing people how to bag up their poop and toilet paper and other garbage. I was shocked at the amount of human :poop: and tp in the high country this summer. Bummed me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom