Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^Good write up!

Random request on the Reddit Overland sub from a guy who was just on Silverton/Ouray and his daughter lost her favorite stuffed sloth (copied from Reddit).........

Bring Slothy Home!
renderTimingPixel.png

OK, this is going to be a long shot. We went to Ouray/Silverton Colorado this last weekend and it was amazing. We camped for 3 nights and had a blast driving around those amazing trails.
My 5 year old daughter though left her beloved stuffed sloth here (very near Ironton / 550 end of corkscrew gulch). I tried to put a pin in the very tree where I think she left it hanging. [Here are some pictures of when slothy went to work with me for your reference]

<br>()<br>
I know this is a long shot and asking a lot, but is anyone out there or going soon who could pick it up and mail it to me? She went everywhere with that thing, and she really is heartbroken when we realized we had left it behind, it would mean the world to her to have it back. I can of course refund shipping. Now is your chance to be the hero to the daughter of some random internet stranger!

In other good news.... Slothy has been found!

Lee @ga12r1 will go to the extreme to get the "right" photo :)

D72B1141.JPG

Hey guys, a quick shoutout to @Riverrunner Aaron of Summit Auto Transport. He is a great supporter of HIH but also helped me out of a pretty tight pinch.

My parents have an 06 LX, it got the dreaded sputtering issue as a function of altitude, weak fuel pump, O2 issues, etc. They broke down in Flagstaff, AZ on sunday in route to Dallas from LA. We got the car towed in to flagstaff and my parents flew home. I called aaron first thing monday, he couldn't promise me it would be quick with the current Covid situation, however he said he would get after it. Next thing I know Tuesday morning he says hes got a truck on the way to get it and that it would be here some time wednesday (today). No kidding the driver was at out door at 9:30 AM. It was a Hot Shot in a dodge ram with a flat bed that picked up the trip and was handled beautifully.

We were in a tight bind, and apparently Flagstaff is a bad place to break down, as its a tough place for transporters to get with the elevation change and its remoteness. My parent shad to leave half their stuff in the vehicle, there was a local tow company ripping us off for storage of the vehicle, it was stressful. In my mind I was hoping to have this done in 10 days (and of course there was a luck aspect to this) but Aaron jumped on it immediately. No questions asked. Exceptional service. The truck is at their house today, of course running just fine...ugh the 06-07 is a funky beast.

Thank you @Riverrunner seriously means the world, I echo all the glowing reviews I've seen over the past 3 years.

IMG_1544.JPG

Hey guys, a quick shoutout to @Riverrunner Aaron of Summit Auto Transport. He is a great supporter of HIH but also helped me out of a pretty tight pinch.

My parents have an 06 LX, it got the dreaded sputtering issue as a function of altitude, weak fuel pump, O2 issues, etc. They broke down in Flagstaff, AZ on sunday in route to Dallas from LA. We got the car towed in to flagstaff and my parents flew home. I called aaron first thing monday, he couldn't promise me it would be quick with the current Covid situation, however he said he would get after it. Next thing I know Tuesday morning he says hes got a truck on the way to get it and that it would be here some time wednesday (today). No kidding the driver was at out door at 9:30 AM. It was a Hot Shot in a dodge ram with a flat bed that picked up the trip and was handled beautifully.

We were in a tight bind, and apparently Flagstaff is a bad place to break down, as its a tough place for transporters to get with the elevation change and its remoteness. My parent shad to leave half their stuff in the vehicle, there was a local tow company ripping us off for storage of the vehicle, it was stressful. In my mind I was hoping to have this done in 10 days (and of course there was a luck aspect to this) but Aaron jumped on it immediately. No questions asked. Exceptional service. The truck is at their house today, of course running just fine...ugh the 06-07 is a funky beast.

Thank you @Riverrunner seriously means the world, I echo all the glowing reviews I've seen over the past 3 years.

View attachment 2416915

I'm just gonna toss this out there, if you were with them... AND that close to phx... and didn't hit me up.... I'm gonna be sad :(

Lot;s of good cruiser folk in Flag

I'm just gonna toss this out there, if you were with them... AND that close to phx... and didn't hit me up.... I'm gonna be sad :(

Lot;s of good cruiser folk in Flag

I was not there, otherwise my parents might have killed me for putting them in this vehicle

The waterfall feature on the east side of Black Bear has been plowed over and smoothed out. So sad to see that feature get removed in the name of safety :(

0B767935-0045-400C-AACB-781DCC5D5A64.jpeg

The waterfall feature on the east side of Black Bear has been plowed over and smoothed out. So sad to see that feature get removed in the name of safety :(

View attachment 2424555

Isn't that the first real obstacle that we came to on Black Bear (this spot)?
1599095160691.png

That's kinda what I'm hoping for honestly.
Wow that's so lame that they would remove that feature. Did something bad happen there that made them do that? The whole trail is sketchy...what's next? Close the whole trail?

This guy was on Black Bear July 27 when they had hail and landslides and was trapped for a while, very impressive video.
Black Bear Wild Time
Just your typical Three Hour Tour until it wasn't.
The rocks bouncing down the hill on the switchbacks, will make me think twice about trying it when it might rain.

Last edited:
This guy was on Black Bear July 27 when they had hail and landslides and was trapped for a while, very impressive video.
Black Bear Wild Time
Just your typical Three Hour Tour until it wasn't.
Happened to us during HIH3. Everything was sunny then the storm came in as we got to the steps.
Vids by @ntsaint

I believe the "HIH Insiders" were already invited. LOL!
🤫

Hello friends! I've run out of shelf space and need to print a new t-shirt design so I've discounted the remaining inventory of HIH shirts. Help me clear the 100s IN THE HILLS shelf while at the same time earning entries in the #ClassicCruiserGiveaway!

1599446260057.png

We're offering free shipping and 10 bonus entries on purchases made on Labor Day (9/7/20) so come grab a discounted shirt!

www.CruiserGear.co

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom