Events/Trails 10th Annual 100s in the Hills! *Silverton, Colorado July 22 - 27 2020* (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don’t have a particular RV rental place name, but check Durango, as well. I know a handful of folks have rented out of Durango in the past.
Brand new means repairs covered by warranty right? Why don't you ask for a loaner while they repair yours?

If that doesn't work there is a camper rental somewhere close by (out of Ouray or Montrose) that will deliver and pick up to Silverton- Stan or Chris may know the name.

You can also look at rvshare.com. There a many in the Grand Junction, Montrose area. I've not used this yet but we are looking at it for HIHX. Basically it is airbnb for rv rentals and since it is close to Silverton, your towing a short distance.

Yeah, @Sargy rented a TT last year and I think he is going to rent this year too. He was pretty happy with it all. Sounds like a pretty good option.
how much bribery needs to happen to get you to stop through AZ on your way up? Me and @geanes are trying to meet up along his drive up.

I’ve been researching travel trailers for like the last 6 months. I found that the Rockwood GeoPro like of trailers are probably the best “in between” off road and on road you can find from a mainstream manufacturer. I am hoping to have this model for HIHX this year:

@paflytyer @bluecruiser has anything moved with the powers that be that might suggest one way or another if we will be able have HIH this year? I figure it’ll be a government entity that limits the ability to gather.

@paflytyer @bluecruiser has anything moved with the powers that be that might suggest one way or another if we will be able have HIH this year? I figure it’ll be a government entity that limits the ability to gather.

Nothing new as of now. We're still in lockdown here in Colorado and San Juan County is still restricting all visitors. Silverton is locals only. We still have time and we'll revisit this situation on June 1st.

I find myself in the odd position of owning two off road trailers. The one I just bought from a mud member is plenty big for people and dogs. I am reassessing which one to keep/ sell but either way because of all that is happening no one is really buying anything. Therefore both will likely be in my garage for some time. You are more than welcome to use the big one for the event. Of course the problem is you would need to pick it and return it to Vegas which might be more of a pain than it's worth, but just a thought.
Sorry about your RV that has to be a huge stressor.

That is very generous of you, we are coming from the east though so it would be a little too far out of the way. I am going to try to secure a replacement or upgrade and at least a loner if possible. I looked at the hotel option but I can’t leave the dogs there, even in kennels, if we wanted to go inside anywhere else.

I’ve never towed through the mountains, how much of a pain would it be to tow one from Durango? A friend of mine suggested not doing it from the north, he said it was a bit much in the mountains.

That is very generous of you, we are coming from the east though so it would be a little too far out of the way. I am going to try to secure a replacement or upgrade and at least a loner if possible. I looked at the hotel option but I can’t leave the dogs there, even in kennels, if we wanted to go inside anywhere else.

I’ve never towed through the mountains, how much of a pain would it be to tow one from Durango? A friend of mine suggested not doing it from the north, he said it was a bit much in the mountains.

You'll be fine towing in CO. If you have the 343f 4-speed, just turn OD OFF. If you have the 5 speed, keep it in 4th on the highways at altitude and 3 in the passes. You shouldn't have any issues at all. I tow all over CO behind my 98. My trailer is lighter (1400lbs), but my rig is heavier than others at roughly 7200-7300lbs fully outfitted for overlanding.

Towing up from Durango would be easy. You go over 2 passes (Coalbank and Molass) Both are "longish" but take your time, keep OD off and you'd be fine. Don't worry if some kid in a Subaru WRX rolls up on you and wants you to go up the passes faster :) Take your time and you'd be just fine. I descend the passes in 2nd gear to maintain speed control and not use the brakes unless absolutely necessary (NEVER ride the brakes descending, especially when towing).

Yeah, @Sargy rented a TT last year and I think he is going to rent this year too. He was pretty happy with it all. Sounds like a pretty good option.

Yup. In fact, I'm renting the same one this year. Already got it reserved.

RVshare was the website.

20190723_150642.jpg

how much bribery needs to happen to get you to stop through AZ on your way up? Me and @geanes are trying to meet up along his drive up.
More time man! More time! It sucks having to cannonball all the way over from Ga. I wish I had enough time to meet up with everyone because I definitely would. That would be a blast! :beer::beer::beer:

More time man! More time! It sucks having to cannonball all the way over from Ga. I wish I had enough time to meet up with everyone because I definitely would. That would be a blast! :beer::beer::beer:

Simple solution: pack everything up and move west of the Mississippi :)

Simple solution: pack everything up and move west of the Mississippi :)
One day man. That’s a promise I’ve made to myself. :)

Got a little package from @nakman this afternoon. I’m crazytime excited! It looks awesome just sitting there! I’ll be putting it on tomorrow. Pumped! Even the crating was BA! Tim is the man!!!

D7959573-60E8-461B-A29D-94476E57D5DC.jpeg

1872AC45-F43A-4F57-ABF5-B53FD0BD3FA3.jpeg

DFBCDF14-8481-4CC3-A5FA-CC6E11154310.jpeg

I wanted to ask and see if anyone knows of any books or whatever that tells the history of the area around Silverton area?

Meet up in Southern NM along I-10 and roll the Continental Divide route to the CO border then roll pavement into Silverton.

New Gamiviti rack is on! But not on the 100o_O Surprise!!:p
Thanks @nakman !!!

F587F172-EF48-435E-BE87-3342D3D32279.jpeg

9E92E728-6CBD-4761-8BFE-A2998495BC01.jpeg

0CB43EAB-B473-47CF-B131-77DE710971F5.jpeg

8830757B-A727-4A67-80BE-207BED97F6DD.jpeg

EEE9C1A4-5D2E-410A-B2E2-378EE579CB34.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom