100 series to GX??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking of making the switch from a 2000 LC to a gx 470/460.
Love our 100 series just dont need that big of car anymore..
And i Like the way gx's look.

does a comparably equipped gx get better mpg?
to VVTI or not, reliability issues with non vvti vs vvti?

I was looking at a 100 when I was trying to see what to do with my 80. Found the gx and the mpg and moved up. I'm on real 34 inch tires with lift and still average 16.5 calculated via fill ups vs GPS mileage.

For all other info I got nothing. Good luck with your decision, it took me over a year to pull the trigger.

Jeremy

I was looking at a 100 when I was trying to see what to do with my 80. Found the gx and the mpg and moved up. I'm on real 34 inch tires with lift and still average 16.5 calculated via fill ups vs GPS mileage.

For all other info I got nothing. Good luck with your decision, it took me over a year to pull the trigger.

Jeremy

Damn, I'm averaging only 13.5mpg or so on my wife's '04 on 32" tires (corrected for odometer variance)! Is yours a '05+? It seems the vvti engines may get a bit better economy than the non-vvti ones.

I swapped a 2000 100 to get my gx. Never regretted it for a second. Mpg is not a factor as mine is way built. K still get 12-14 city and if I stay under 70 I get 15 highway

Mileage is about 5 better in our GX470 compared to the 100. GX has no power passenger seat, its rear windows flip out manually, are not power. And we like the big back door, but I also like sitting on a tailgate, not a dusty bumper. And you will bump elbows, like a 4runner. Other than that, it's real nice to drive.

Mine is still stock. I get 19 mpg on the highway. It's not a daily driver. When I commute my 4 miles I get 14, probably just barely warmed up. I think the spec mg is 15 city, 18 highway....so I'm right no.

Mileage is about 5 better in our GX470 compared to the 100. GX has no power passenger seat, its rear windows flip out manually, are not power.

My 07 has power adj passenger seat. The rear windows being manual seems like a really dumb cost saving measure by Lexus. Turns a great function into a pita to use, same thing on my wife's 11 Sienna.

If you have kids in car seats the 2nd row kinda sucks. I thought I remember reading the second row in a 100 has more room than the GX, but the GX had more 3rd row room? Maybe it's the other way around, but I cannot imagine there being less room in the 2nd row of the 100.

My '08 gets 13mpg according to the computer and 14.5 according to my mad math skills. Completely stock. I drive it like I stole it though.

Mileage is about 5 better in our GX470 compared to the 100. GX has no power passenger seat, its rear windows flip out manually, are not power. And we like the big back door, but I also like sitting on a tailgate, not a dusty bumper. And you will bump elbows, like a 4runner. Other than that, it's real nice to drive.

Seriously?

I would've bet money that mine did...I have to check now.

My passenger seat is power forward/backward, seat back, and lumbar. No height adjustment. 2008.

its rear windows flip out manually, are not power.

Not to highjack but while this is being talked about, is there anyway to retro fit the 100 series mechanism to the GX? Auto windows would be perfect, anyone with both or owned both that can chime in?

Back on topic- DO IT! Im sure you could trade your hundy in for a GX straight up or with little cash swap.

I have two more payments for my sons undergrad then i think I am going to start looking

nop mine is an 03. I dont know how I get as good of mileage as I do. I can tell you I am always changing filters, run Mobil 1 5/30, usually never take it over 3k rpms, and live out of town about 15 miles so I do a lot of 55mph everywhere. Plus with a shattered ankle and broken leg , I find myself on a lot of cruise control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom