100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You'll do better with a phone call to Georg (@orangefj45) . I don't think he spends much time on MUD.
(650) 576-2023

Talked to Georg yesterday. Sounds like my option is to purchase a new complete front diff. He had a take out but by the time I purchase it, ship it then refurb the bearings and seals I can purchase a new unit. If I needed to do a locker of regear then used would be the way to go.

Just one of the reasons why I have a Harrop E-locker in the front of my 99

;)

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers
Is that what you would call aggressive preventive maintenance, Georg? :)

He searches Mud daily for the keywords “@orangefj45 loves Asian Men” so that’s usually how I call his attention to a post

Wow, that was impressive how well that worked :clap:

Justification at its finest
Justification? Hell, you don't even have a wife to convince, Georg.

AND they are on sale through the holiday weekend! Here is a recent photo of Georg - we have aged him in the last three years....

upload_2017-11-14_8-14-6.png

Justification? Hell, you don't even have a wife to convince, Georg.

AND they are on sale through the holiday weekend!

What do they run right now for 80 series axles, front & rear? (I do have a wife to convince!)

@orangefj45 On the new suspension set up on the 100 what have you done to the front end. I know you did new springs on the rear but haven't been able to figure out what you did to the front.

IMG_2480.JPG
IMG_2479.JPG
We installed a new set of progressive rate springs in the rear and a set of front and rear adjustable remote reservoir shocks, all from Terrain Tamer.
I had installed an OME kit a few years ago including shocks, torsion bars and rear springs, along with a Slee diff drop kit.
About 2 years ago I switched to Slee heavy rear springs because the OMEs couldn't support the load.
The Slee springs helped but the shocks felt too soft and bouncy when loaded down.

So far I'm super happy with the Terrain Tamer shocks and rear springs. Even loaded and with 4 people in the cruiser, it rode and handled much better both on and Offroad.

IMG_2560.JPG
Yes sir!!!

The pic shows the new Terrain Tamer adjustable remote reservoir shocks and you can see the Terrain Tamer brake rotors ( with matching pads ). The brakes have been on the 100 for over a year and there's barely any wear. This cruiser is my DD and weekend wheeler.

There are no Asian males or Georg at that link...... :)

Seriously, sale price is $1,195 each front (A9334) and rear (A9378). Buy 'em online at that price on BF Weekend or from your installing shop.

That’s a good deal there. ARB’s and OEM electric used to be the only options for a selectable locker. I can’t tell you the number of air leaks I’ve had to fix on arbs. They are annoying. @wct49 rear ARB is stuck in the locked position and will not unlock. When it does decide to unlock it’s getting a Detroit. For those of you that are wondering, with a harrop you hit the switch to lock it and it locks instantly. You won’t have to drive in circles or anything crazy. To unlock just simply hit the switch again. They are easy to set up and have a 0% failure rate. Twisting the long spline on the rear of an 80 and losing the locker will not happen anymore. The only kicker on the 80 is they have to be used in factory unlocked trucks they will not work in the OEM e-locker housings.

That’s a good deal there. ARB’s and OEM electric used to be the only options for a selectable locker. I can’t tell you the number of air leaks I’ve had to fix on arbs. They are annoying. @wct49 rear ARB is stuck in the locked position and will not unlock. When it does decide to unlock it’s getting a Detroit. For those of you that are wondering, with a harrop you hit the switch to lock it and it locks instantly. You won’t have to drive in circles or anything crazy. To unlock just simply hit the switch again. They are easy to set up and have a 0% failure rate. Twisting the long spline on the rear of an 80 and losing the locker will not happen anymore. The only kicker on the 80 is they have to be used in factory unlocked trucks they will not work in the OEM e-locker housings.
Thanks, sir. Couple of things - as you noted, the Harrops do not fit elocker carriers/housings. Also, the rears do not suit semi-float axles found in US spec FJ80s. Gotta go full float.... Otherwise, GOLDEN

So a high pinion 80 series front locker that I can put in a minitruck housing....

Bam. And not to muck up the 100 thread too bad, but what do those adjustable remote resi shocks run? And can they be had for an 80 with 2"-3" of lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom