100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's been gone - ad is just still up.

Cleaned up finally! Now it'll rain.
20171104_100238.jpg

Painfully I have a question.

Does anyone know of or where to locate a complete front differential for a 2004 100 series? I would prefer to not have to purchase it new, if pricing for a used one is reasonable.

Thanks

Boo. Hiss.

How did that happen?
The outer pinion bearing decided to weld itself to the pinion shaft and the race welded to the housing. Last week I was driving to work and I got a nice pop and then roaring noise from under the truck. Pulled over and couldn't tell immediately what it was. Took it back to the house and had a good idea that it was front diff by that point. Pulled the drain plug and got metal flaking and such out of the case and on the magnetic plug. The pinion shaft had some play in it so I pulled the front diff and ordered all new bearings and seals. Then came the realization that the pinion shaft was beyond repair, and the housing. When I drained the oil I only got about half out of the diff that I should. I am assuming based on that it starved for oil and the welding process commenced.

It seems that getting a new front diff assembly will be a better solution that trying to locate a used unit and then installing the bearings and seals. I don't like any of my options.

You'll do better with a phone call to Georg (@orangefj45) . I don't think he spends much time on MUD.
(650) 576-2023

He searches Mud daily for the keywords “@orangefj45 loves Asian Men” so that’s usually how I call his attention to a post

He searches Mud daily for the keywords “@orangefj45 loves Asian Men” so that’s usually how I call his attention to a post

Can i like this twice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom