100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the slee - my fiance does use the truck a good bit and I'm concerned she'd quickly grow tired of getting in and out of the back with that bumper.

My only reservation about the ARB is that I would really like to have a ladder and it doesn't look like they have a factory option to add one. I watched a few videos of the ARB's function and it seems like the easier one to use day to day. Does anyone know of any companies that make ladders for the ARB?

FrontRunner makes a slick little ladder for the spare.........

Gobi makes a cool ladder that bolts to the factory holes in the rear hatch. I'd probably run that vs. having an entire swing away for a ladder. Dobinson's is selling a Kaymar-type rear bumper now that is in the $1700 range shipped with the tire carrier and jerry can holder. If I was getting a rear, I'd look that direction. Talk to Mike at Dobinsons -I've been talking to him about springs for my 62. Nice guy and super helpful.

Mine was a bump it off road (BIOR). Same as @dnp, only he had the high clearance version and i did not.

Great design. The gas struts were a difference maker. Even then, i still hated having to open double swing outs to get into the rear of my truck.

ARB and Slee both have fine offerings. I had a Bump It Off-Road High Clearance version on a 100 once, and I really liked it. Quality bumper, and the swing outs were really easy to use due to the gas strut assists.

That being said, if prices are all pretty much the same, the quality build of the Slee seems to be the gold standard.

EDIT: Just went and looked at the Dissent Off-Road bumper....I gotta say, that's one sweet looking piece of work! Hard to tell the build quality from the photos, but what i can tell, it looks really good! Very ingenious mechanism for opening/closing the swing outs.......might be worth consideration.
The dissent guy camped next to @ntsaint and I at HIH7 and the build quality is as good if not better than the other options. All are good choices IMO, but the dissent will be getting my order after seeing them all side by side out there.

Gobi makes a cool ladder that bolts to the factory holes in the rear hatch. I'd probably run that vs. having an entire swing away for a ladder. Dobinson's is selling a Kaymar-type rear bumper now that is in the $1700 range shipped with the tire carrier and jerry can holder. If I was getting a rear, I'd look that direction. Talk to Mike at Dobinsons -I've been talking to him about springs for my 62. Nice guy and super helpful.

This may help my decision greatly. I might just go for this ladder with an ARB bumper with blanks in it off the back and then add swing outs when I want to down the road.

So the Gobi site identifies the ladder as only for 2002-2007 100 Series Land Cruisers with the need to remove the factory spoiler on the 2002-2005. Is this a mistake on Gobi's part, or will it not work on 1998-2001?

I thought that was odd too. The site also has an asterisk next to where it says that indicating that there would be some explanation below but I couldn't find anything.

Their ladder does look like a pretty solid piece. I am somewhat worried that it is only rated to 250 pounds, which could easily be exceeding by a person standing on it especially if the goal is to load/unload while on it.

Mine was a bump it off road (BIOR). Same as @dnp, only he had the high clearance version and i did not.

Great design. The gas struts were a difference maker. Even then, i still hated having to open double swing outs to get into the rear of my truck.
I agree with @pmccraney on the swingout hassle. I didn't mind it that much, but it's still another first-world problem. That's what's so attractive to me about the Dissent design. Moving the swingout(s) appears to be like opening another door, rather than unlatching another door......

I agree with @pmccraney on the swingout hassle. I didn't mind it that much, but it's still another first-world problem. That's what's so attractive to me about the Dissent design. Moving the swingout(s) appears to be like opening another door, rather than unlatching another door......

I agree...swingout was great (looking).

but I don't plan on putting one on my 4runner......it's nice to have a camera that sees what it should and also not have to fiddle with a temperamental destaco latch.......

GOBI Ladder 001.jpg

this is on a 2000. Doesn't seem to actually use spoiler holes, just needs it out of the way.

The GOBI ladder utilizes a bracket on the upper lip of the door. Spoiler must be removed to allow clearance for the ladder. GOBI provides plastic inserts for the spoiler bolt holes. Not sure if the rear hatch door on a 1998 - 2001 is different from the 2002 - 2007. Here is a picture of the bracket.

View media item 60372

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom