100 Series General Tech and Classifieds (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Packed up and ready for a trip tomorrow and my 100 would not crank.

It always cranks.

Bomar told me about the immobilizer

Mud told me about this.

EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for UZJ100/LX470

Anyone else ever had this happen?
Yep, same thing happened to me about 3 or 4 months ago. Ran fine all day, then got in my 100 to go home, and no go. I replaced both the fuel pump (another known problem) and this relay. I was unaware of the kit this guy offers, but it looks like it might be a better plan of action than just replacing the relay. NOTE: If you'll get someone to charge you $100 to put it on a roll-back, drive it 4 miles, and drop it off, it's sure to crank after that. Ask me how I know.........

Yep, same thing happened to me about 3 or 4 months ago. Ran fine all day, then got in my 100 to go home, and no go. I replaced both the fuel pump (another known problem) and this relay. I was unaware of the kit this guy offers, but it looks like it might be a better plan of action than just replacing the relay. NOTE: If you'll get someone to charge you $100 to put it on a roll-back, drive it 4 miles, and drop it off, it's sure to crank after that. Ask me how I know.........

Ah. I remember that now.

I read a bunch of info on it and the real fix is a new fusebox. Faulty design that rears it’s head

I’m getting the jump kit.

Looks pretty straight forward to wire up. $80?

Is this for all 100s or just early years?

And it has nothing to do with the way you use it or climate or miles either.

My engine bay stays spotless. 160,000 miles.

It’s how the plugs in the fuse box are designed.

$82

Yeah he uses a good good Bosch and it’s plug and play.

Make some up. I’m sure others would like to keep one in the glove box.
My experience has been that "good" and "Bosch" are mutually exclusive. FWIW, if you have time to wait, the Denso I used as a replacement cost me $45 delivered.

DNP do you have that part number? Is it the EFI relay?
John, I've got a photo of the old one, but I can't make out the Toyota number. In the photo, I can read "ECD Main Relay," but it IS the EFI relay. The replacement relay is a Denso 567-0030. Hope this helps......

You can make that so called “kit” for less than $1. I’ve been missing out. Kits for $41, any takers?

I will Paypal you $21 for a "kit" so long as you can type up some directions as I am a monkey.

My experience has been that "good" and "Bosch" are mutually exclusive. FWIW, if you have time to wait, the Denso I used as a replacement cost me $45 delivered.

Actually it’s Tyco.

There is a 99 LC at dealer in LR. Salesman keeps calling me and lowering price. He's at 7k with 205k miles white/tan. If I buy it it will probably lead to a divorce which makes it a tempting offer. At Landers Toyota ask for Chris W.

IMG_4129.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom