10% ethanol? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just found a gas station that is 10 cents cheaper, but it's 10% ethanol, I know the 85 is bad for my '74 40, 91 Prelude and 98 4rnr, but can I run 10% in these older systems ... without damage? thx Jay

10% has been in all MN gas stations for YEARS....

Only if the fuel pump is labeled non-oxygenated fuel is it strait gasoline. It then must have a decal also stating that this cannot be used in anything but yard equipment, off road motorcycles, collector vehicles, etc. With the cost of it being .30+ more a gallon, most folks do not even think about running it.

Run it, you will be fine.

Good luck!

-Steve

in the winter all the gas stations ran 10% here, no biggie, you can tell but again no biggie

It's 10% cheaper because you will get 10% less gas mileage

I was thinking the same thing as Poser, 10% ethanol has been around Illinois and Iowa for years too. Runs just fine in everything I have ever had (except the diesels, of course!)

Tony

I'm on my 3rd. tank of e85 in my '74 FJ40.... only carb & timing adjustments were needed.... no problems yet.... I like it.. seems to run better......

We get oxygenated gas in the winter months (I forget what additive that is, something like MTBE or similar) and in the summer months we get 10% enthanol added in the portland area. Sucks. But I haven't seen either eat up anything on older vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom