3rd Annual "100s in the Hills" - Ouray, Colorado: August 2-4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jonharis

Adventure Imports
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
EDIT: The official trip report is now live and can be found HERE.

D7K_3328.jpg

Friends and strangers alike.

I would like to extend an invitation to all 100 series owners to the 3rd Annual 100s in the Hills! This year's event will be held August 2-4 in beautiful Ouray Colorado and is exclusive to the 100 series platform. Once again we are happy to announce that Slee Off-Road, purveyors of high quality 100 series armor, suspension and much more will once again be back as our premier supporter!

This is a grass roots, laid back gathering of 100s guys and gals in a non commercial setting. We will once again be camped outside of Ouray in the foothills of the San Juan's. That said, we are only 10 minutes from town where lots of nice lodging can be found.

Click Here to view the route map participants will be taking to Ouray this year.

The last two year's trip reports can be found below.

First Annual Thread | Second Annual Thread

Trails are still being discussed but will include a variety of nearly stock friendly to Poughkeepsie Gulch in which minimum of sliders and excellent tires are mandatory. Trails will be run each day, Friday, Saturday and Sunday so it's best to plan on arriving early and staying late to make the most of it.

Other goings on will include the traditional 100 series swap meet. Feel free to post here if you have something to sell or something you need. We will also have a Friday night Pot-Luck dinner for those who wish to join.

We will also host the world's biggest 100 series yard sale! Post up your items for sale or needs in the thread linked.

We will once again be printing shirts for the event. Below is a shot of last year's design by Treeroot.

We will also be joined by the Southern 100s road-trippers!Several members from Ar/Ga and other southern stated will be making the long haul to Colorado and making a stop for the event. Their planning thread can be found HERE

Please post up here with interest and intention.

100sintheHills.jpg

DETAILS

Kids: Kids (but not infants on the trail for obvious reasons) are encouraged! The reason I do this stuff if because of my kids and rest assured mine will be with me. Get them out to experience the great outdoors. We will have kids shirts available to purchase which they will love!

Pets: Good dogs are welcome. Bad dogs are not. Please bring the necessary tools to clean up after them and remember USFS guidelines require them to be on a leash. It is a little more laid back around camp but we still need to keep them under control.

Camping, We will be camping at 8,000+ feet and driving at 12,000+, it can get cold at night but shouldn't be too bad this time a year. Drink tons of water due to the altitude and Asprin/ibuprophen are good for mild altitude sickness. We pack out everything, including human waste. We will provide an enclosed poratpotie for number 2s. Use it or hold it. Please purchase a package of these . Also depending on burn bans, we will or won't have camp fires. I will keep an eye on current bans and advise. If we do have a fire please bring wood. If not, we will have a propane campfire in a can at least.

Hotels: If you must stay in a hotel, there are some great hotels in Ouray: 15 minutes from camp. May I suggest the Box Canyon Lodge, Victorian Inn, Twin Peaks and Beaumont.

If you intend to come please send me a PM with the info below:

Name of Passengers:
Shirt Size and Quantity:
Email:
Cell Phone:
Emergency Contact Info (Name, Relationship, Phone):
Medications:
Medical Conditions / Allergies:
HAM call-sign:
Any other disclosures that are of value:

Last edited:
Attendee List:

01: jonharis
02: bluecruiser
03: ntsaint
04: paflytyer
05: JungleJack
06: 2000UZJ
07: Griffin
08: BamaBrock
09: Kennyao30 (possible)
10: Saillaw (possible)
11: bonze (possible)
12: cruiser100 (possible)
13: artwerks
14: rvrats2 (possible)
15: ckkone
16: bloomer
17: Supra88 (possible)
18: ENGINE er
19: Bighead (possible)
20: BJTLC100
21: marcfj60
22: KlausVanWinkle (possible)
23: DanInDenver
24: SanDiegoCruiser
25: f5driver
26: Grego
27: Moody
28: Liveoak
29: nakman
30: slc100 (possible)
31: AimCOtaco
32: 02 Beast
33: Get outside
34: tabraha
35: DJWUZJ
36: OilHammer
37: Cowboy59
38: Jjgarci1
39: Blackwater
40: slimbuddha
41: aaronrules

Last edited:
Pot Luck List:

Jonharis: Dessert - Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler
Bluecruiser - Oreos :rolleyes:
2000UZJ - Nutella :rolleyes::rolleyes:
BJTLC100 - Smoked Pork Shoulders!
marcfj60 - Green Chile Stew!
ntsaint - Gumbo!
paflytyer - A nice spread of appetizers, dips, guac, veggies, meats
0² Beast! - Frog Eye Salad and smores

Last edited:
I'll probably come out Thursday night and pick the prime camp spot. Not sure what I'm bringing for Pot Luck..... It will be gluten free deliciousness though. And plenty [STRIKE]Kraken[/STRIKE]. Kraken makes me sick :whoops:

Last edited:
Will leave this post here for a few days for folks to see it and then will move it to Events, so look for it there in a bit...

I would for sure go if I were closer.

very nice poster above. wow!

I'm in!
I got an ARB locker for the weak front diff, but I still need to get at least sliders, if not front and rear bumpers and skids too before the trip.
Here's to finding a job soon so I can get that done!:rolleyes:

Oh, and I may be alone in this endeavor, so if anyone wants to caravan out from Denver, let me know:steer:

Aj

I'm in!
I got an ARB locker for the weak front diff, but I still need to get at least sliders, if not front and rear bumpers and skids too before the trip.
Here's to finding a job soon so I can get that done!:rolleyes:

Oh, and I may be alone in this endeavor, so if anyone wants to caravan out from Denver, let me know:steer:

Aj

Nice. With sliders and good tires you will be golden. We has a truck with just sliders and lift do Poughkeepsie last year cleanly. All the other trails in the area can be run with a stock 100 on good rubber.

Sounds fun. If work allows I may be able to join that caravan coming from Denver.

I'm in!

Aj

I'm in..I'll bring oreos...

Probably best to come alone if Bluecruiser is going. That dude pulls more tail than a small kid at a petting zoo. Keep an eye on him.

Can't wait for this trip! For you guys who've never been to this part of Colorado, it's not to be missed.

IMG_1422.jpg

Anyone from the Midwest want to caravan 30 hours with me for this event?

Probably best to come alone if Bluecruiser is going. That dude pulls more tail than a small kid at a petting zoo. Keep an eye on him.

Can't wait for this trip! For you guys who've never been to this part of Colorado, it's not to be missed.

That's beautiful. The south has some great scenic views, the "mountains" we have here are awesome on sunsets.

setting-sun-over-north-georgia-mountains.jpg

Anyone from the Midwest want to caravan 30 hours with me for this event?

As I was planning on going to AZ to see my youngest brother and is familia already, I am down for the caravan. I am driving up from East Tennessee, but will be taking 70 so meeting up should not be too difficult.

One of our favorite places to go during the winter. Have been trying to coordinate things with work to make a summer trip this year. Would be a first for us.

Tentative at this point for me. Even with 2 months to prepare, have lots to do to prepare as we have no camping supplies and a stock land cruiser.

Is this something someone with very little offroad experience can manage?

Yes and Ouray has lots of hotels and its not a far drive to where they are camping

Camping or hotel..come on out. The planned camp site is awesome...you can hang at the campfire them head to hotel if needed, not far at all..even stock Cruisers can do this area...we had one a couple years back and he survived...also, bring your favorite beers from your area..I trade oreos for beers....it's going to be fun, anything jonharis organizes is stellar...

This is perfect, the wife and I will kick off our 2 week camping trip witth this trip. Count me in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom