Windshield washer locations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The only body panel that has been replaced on our1982 is the hood. The original owner told me he replaced the hood when it was repainted in 1997. The replacement has the washer in the center of the hood and Ms. Scarlet has the working factory washer located above the windshield. So, the question is when was the location changed? Reason I'm asking is a Cruiserhead asked me the question in the grocery store parking lot.
DSC03643small.jpg
Windshield washer.JPG

78 it moved from the hood to the top of the windshield.
the hole in the hood never went away, there is a dummy plug that looks like a nozzle, but isnt.

The only body panel that has been replaced on our1982 is the hood. The original owner told me he replaced the hood when it was repainted in 1997. The replacement has the washer in the center of the hood and Ms. Scarlet has the working factory washer located above the windshield. So, the question is when was the location changed? Reason I'm asking is a Cruiserhead asked me the question in the grocery store parking lot.
View attachment 3515268View attachment 3515269
My 1979 doesn’t have one - but it had the hole for it. I’d guess it’s an 80+ thing.

my old 79, the line going above the windshield got plugged and couldn't clean it out, so I got one of the earlier units for the hood and put it there.

View attachment 3515268View attachment 3515269
78 it moved from the hood to the top of the windshield.
the hole in the hood never went away, there is a dummy plug that looks like a nozzle, but isnt.
my old 79, the line going above the windshield got plugged and couldn't clean it out, so I got one of the earlier units for the hood and put it there.

toyota did have a PHO-DUMMY one in the hood for a year or 2 during the over the windshield transition phase

- on my 1983 FJ43L-KC , i have both a new grey one in the hood and a over the window set up also , i get 4 nozzles of the good stuff when i need it !

336_2048x.png
C29F63C5-0358-467F-9743-5F11A861720E_2048x - Copy.jpg
FEA4EC79-19B7-4445-ABB2-8E8416B3443A_2048x - Copy.jpg
windshield-washer-pump - Copy (3).jpg

i reproduced the over the window frame grommet a few years ago now ......

MEC920A.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom