What's On The Grill Tonight? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brats and mild italian sausages over lump charcoal with mesquite. YUMMMMMMY!

ForumRunner_20120426_182123.jpg

ForumRunner_20120426_182147.jpg
ForumRunner_20120426_182123.jpg
ForumRunner_20120426_182147.jpg

Shrimp tacos, with an off the shelf caribean jerk marinade (thought I'd give it a taste)..Yum.
101_0641.jpg
101_0640.jpg
101_0639.jpg

deboned pork chops with a garlic mustard coating... :)

Shrimp tacos, with an off the shelf caribean jerk marinade (thought I'd give it a taste)..Yum.

Split, Those look AWESOME! I love shrimp and fish tacos. I made a rub that I use to grill the shrimp and fish with.

I usually use Orange Roughy, but Tilapia or really any fish is good.

Proud of you for using a corn tortilla.

Nice looking salsa/pico as well.. You put your foot in this one :clap:

J

Serve with lemon butter!:grinpimp:

I prefer a combination of lemon juice, butter, ranch or mayo, red wine vinegar and salt and pepper.

When steaming, I prefer stem side down, they don't get as mushy. I also sprinkle red wine vinegar, lemon juice and salt on the petals so it seeps in while it steams.

on the less meaty side, I have been exploring veggies recently. A find, which to my surprise even my teenager professes to love -can you believe that?- is grilled brussels sprouts.

I cut them in two lengthwise so they are mostly flat. Spray them with EVOO. I use a (Costco) Santa Maria bbq spices mix sprinkled lightly on, but it'd probably work with just about anything. More citrusy spices mix might be good too.
I put a perforated veggie grill pan on the grill and leave it there for a while empty. Not too hot (as in 600F+) as they will quickly char, 500 might be better (still experimenting...). Bit of canola spray before adding the sprouts. Keep flipping over until the right amount of charring for you. (About 5 mins or so for me.) Don't overcook, keep them crunchy. Very good indeed. Nothing like the soggy miserable affairs you may remember being subjected to.

I get my sprouts from Costco in a bag, easy enough but they are much prettier on the stem.

Eric, try grilling garlic, it's the bomb.:cool:

What is your recipe for the pico? It looks hot if there is Serrano peppers in it. Also, what kind of flavor does the gurerro pepper add?

What is your recipe for the pico? It looks hot if there is Serrano peppers in it. Also, what kind of flavor does the gurerro pepper add?

I make it hot because it settles down in the fridge...

Key ingredients, qty changes with every batch;

Hand chopped, in order;

4 to 6 bundles of green onions
1 whole onion
4 to 12 serrano chilis
1 to 2 yellow (chilis huerros) (these just add heat and a different flavor)
12 to 15 Roma tomatoes
1 clump of fresh cilantro diced
Garlic powder to taste
And depending on the juice content, 2 to ? of fresh squeezed lime.

Serranos are the best way to regulate the heat, My favoite chili for flavor and lack of the manana burn.:doh:

You should try my trick, John. Add black beans, corn, avocado and chili powder (optional). Looks like s***, but tastes awesome. It works as both a salsa and a salad.:cool:

You should try my trick, John. Add black beans, corn, avocado and chili powder (optional). Looks like ****, but tastes awesome. It works as both a salsa and a salad.:cool:

The eye of the beholder, sounds good to me.:cheers: And avocado, mmmm.

Sounds close to the Mexican Shepards pie I concocted, that why I make a huge batch, the pico theme goes well with almost everything.:D

splitshot said:
I make it hot because it settles down in the fridge...

Key ingredients, qty changes with every batch;

Hand chopped, in order;

4 to 6 bundles of green onions
1 whole onion
4 to 12 serrano chilis
1 to 2 yellow (chilis huerros) (these just add heat and a different flavor)
12 to 15 Roma tomatoes
1 clump of fresh cilantro diced
Garlic powder to taste
And depending on the juice content, 2 to ? of fresh squeezed lime.

Serranos are the best way to regulate the heat, My favoite chili for flavor and lack of the manana burn.:doh:

I am soooooo gonna give this a go! Thanks, JD!

Mmmmm. Those looks great John. I think we need to get some good cooking like this next time we go wheeling.

Do leftovers count?

Monday night's tri-tip turned bueno, yum.

101_0675.jpg

101_0676.jpg

Easy also.

101_0678.jpg
101_0675.jpg
101_0676.jpg
101_0678.jpg

Smoking and wrenching on the CRUISER

Well I had a long day of sanding etc.. on the 60 so I decided to smoke a pork shoulder at the same time.

Worked out out well and I'll let ya know how it tastes..

I got it in the final hour wrapped tightly with tinfoil now and then the last hour out of the foil.

J
DSCN2479.jpg
DSCN2491.jpg
DSCN2499.jpg

I'm thinking I want to do some kabobs on the grill soon. What's everyone use for marinades?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom