What's On The Grill Tonight? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Let's see some pics.

Little bird action on the rotisserie. One Mojito Lime and the other is my Carolina Mustard. Smoked with hickory until golden brown.
image-1579239861.jpg

I'm interested in your mojito lime. I've never put anything on a Roto.
But tonight my boys requested Pin wheel steaks in Basque Maranade.
-Jim

Overpriced grocery beef warming.
101_0592.jpg
And seasoned baked russets.
Need a Costco run..

Thanks for the motivation, I was going to cook these with LP..:lol:

101_0596.jpg

My favorite way to cook bakers...

101_0595.jpg

Post pics of those birds please when they are done. Mmmm.
101_0592.jpg
101_0596.jpg
101_0595.jpg

Last edited:
Nilgai. Best meat I ever tasted. But no pic.

Birds turned out great. The rotisserie did an excellent job of cooking it evenly. 2hrs later and the came out golden brown.

This is the spice pack I use. I don't usually use store Bought crap but this stuff is really good. I substitute balsamic vinegar for the white. I marinated them for 48 hrs. 24 is more than enough.
image-664265173.jpg

Grilled Brussels sprounts

on the less meaty side, I have been exploring veggies recently. A find, which to my surprise even my teenager professes to love -can you believe that?- is grilled brussels sprouts.

I cut them in two lengthwise so they are mostly flat. Spray them with EVOO. I use a (Costco) Santa Maria bbq spices mix sprinkled lightly on, but it'd probably work with just about anything. More citrusy spices mix might be good too.
I put a perforated veggie grill pan on the grill and leave it there for a while empty. Not too hot (as in 600F+) as they will quickly char, 500 might be better (still experimenting...). Bit of canola spray before adding the sprouts. Keep flipping over until the right amount of charring for you. (About 5 mins or so for me.) Don't overcook, keep them crunchy. Very good indeed. Nothing like the soggy miserable affairs you may remember being subjected to.

I get my sprouts from Costco in a bag, easy enough but they are much prettier on the stem.

Artichokes?

anybody knows anything about grilling artichokes?

^ I cut them in 1/2 lengthwise; dechoke; steam to 1/2 to 3/4 done; brush with olive oil, hit 'em with salt & pepper/red pepper flakes, then onto the grill for final roasting.

^ I cut them in 1/2 lengthwise; dechoke; steam to 1/2 to 3/4 done; brush with olive oil, hit 'em with salt & pepper/red pepper flakes, then onto the grill for final roasting.

Serve with lemon butter!:grinpimp:

Similar...

Cut/split them in quarters, but not all the way through.. make a marinade of olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper, toss to coat and then grill until tender..While grilling... make a lemon dill mayonnaise and lightly thin with a chardonnay/white wine and drizzle over the artichokes along with some feta or blue cheese when you remove from grill. ENJOY!

Tri-tip for the adults and cheeseburgers for the kids! Its awesome that they love my burgers more than eating out!!!

Try this one CC (incredible with Dungeness Crab): Butter, sunflower oil, 1/2 smoked habanero and fresh squeezed lime juice. Combine and heat on stove or nuke.

Try not to like it :D

Its awesome that they love my burgers more than eating out!!!

Hold that for as long as you can. Soon one will develop a taste for the tri-tip or worse yet, shrimp, crab and mussles.:D

Not on the grill tonight but a couple weeks ago a good hunting buddy of mine gave me a chunk of Nilgai.

I just salt and peppered it and grilled it to medium rare. Now I've eaten quite a variety of wild and tame game/meat over the years but Nilgai was absolutely the best of anything (Oryx is a close 2nd).

I just salt and peppered it and grilled it to medium rare.

The only bummer: I don't have a freezer full of it (right now ;))!

Try this one CC (incredible with Dungeness Crab): Butter, sunflower oil, 1/2 smoked habanero and fresh squeezed lime juice. Combine and heat on stove or nuke.

Try not to like it :D

I haven't even tried it yet, and I already like it!
Thanks for the tip!

Hold that for as long as you can. Soon one will develop a taste for the tri-tip or worse yet, shrimp, crab and mussles.:D

They love the smoky flavor of some Az mesquite. That's the secret!!! ;)

They love the smoky flavor of some Az mesquite. That's the secret!!! ;)

Good stuff.:cheers:

you need to choose your strips better. you not only bought grocery store beef you bought vein in strips too. you could have at least picked through the strips for vein outs.

Last 2 they had, you seem to know your stuff, how about pics for comparison..;)

Just pulled a brisket off the BGE that had been smoking the better part of the day light hours. Mighty tastey...I would send you a post op photo but between all of the hungry stomochs, there's not much to take a pic of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom