What once was shall be no more (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put the locker in at end of 2013, just after I got the rig.

I ordered the 27 spline Longfields chromoly set & a second Spartan locker for my truck last night.
Gonna be locked front & rear & see how the 27's hold up. Life time unconditional (no questions asked) warranty!

As a side note on the 27 spline set: If I ordered off the e-bay store for T.G. it was full price (349.00) & free shipping, but only a 1 year warranty. Order from T.G. website it was 366.00 & 47.00 shipping & 1 year warranty.
Ordered from L.R.O.R. and they were 316.00 with 42.00 shipping & unlimited lifetime warranty. I went with L.R.O.R.

Holy bat s***man, that's fxxxin' cheap!
That locker ain't even broke in yet.

One motor was ruined by the boring bar. The other needed .060 to repair damage done by the boring bar. .060 is not easy to come by for lq4s. I ended up with .065 over Pistons that are stock ls3 ones and another engine. It was a $1000 day yesterday. Definitely no budget for an Orion now.

What's that work out to displacement wise?

Tony has a 22re for sale... Just sayin.

I'll be interested in seeing this. Should be a nice little thumper.

I have a flatty you can buy

I vote for garage slug. It gets a lot cheaper without the motor or whole drivetrain. :banana:

6.2l. 379 cid

Makes 403/415 in the Tahoe.

Or roughly the same as a whipped 22re

I have a couple of those I would be willing to part with. I think they are multiplying, I'm up to 4 of them now.

6.2l. 379 cid

Makes 403/415 in the Tahoe.

Or roughly the same as a whipped 22re

So a 6.0 or whatever in a Piggie that can't go over 30mph....on a good day. Must be a Michigan thing. :hmm:

I can hear your tcase whimpering from here.:flipoff2:

Bolt two 22re's together

Those pics would go on the engine pron thread.
Just think how reliable it would be with 4 22re engines in it.

If I'm understanding this correctly, Todd is gonna have a pig that runs correctly & reliably this year! Woot!

dual cases, solid axle, new 35's, and lockers.... You are gonna be a wheeling mofo. I'm feeling like we need to take some time each day and get through as much of All Day/week Sucker as possible! See if we can get farther than Todd and I got on PYS 4. :)

Yes, I am gonna be a wheelin mofo. Thank you for noticing.
After all this time spent building this rig I plan to get as much seat time as possible.
Hopefully will get it done in time to have a shake down run prior to PYS
Believe it or not I'm kinda at a stand still waiting on parts. I have little bits here & there I can do but I don't wanna put the cab on till after the cross member is installed. I like standing up & welding way better than laying on my back & welding.

Last edited:
Holy bat ****man, that's ****in' cheap!
That locker ain't even broke in yet.

I know! Its like new!

That is cheap for longs....I had to try 'em.

What transmissions are you using behind the 6.0's. 4l80e? 700r4? 4l60e?

More reading has set me on the path of retro fitting the elocker I got into the turbo rear housing. Apparently all elockers are 8" and late model versions use v6 gears. Tony's lock right would be perfect for the front correct? John, aren't you running one in the front of the runner?

I ran lock rites when I had 4cyl 3rds. They survived two bent housings and many broken ring gears. I run lockrites now in my v6 3rds. Ten years in total.

There are 9.5 elockers. 8" elockers didn't begin until 95.5, iirc. I actually don't know if there was a difference between 4 and 6 cylinder 3rds after that (geoff?). But I wouldn't be surprised if all elockers were v6 3rds. Since you drive a lot on the road in 2wd, the e locker in back makes sense. And yes Tony's locrite would be perfect in the front!

I definitely prefer auto lockers though!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom