What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember the parts kits being available, but I didn't realize that (as you said) the only thing needed were a few crush washers. If that is all I need, I can run to the hardware store and buy them. I had heard that the plastic trim on the bottom of the mirror was a little tricky to get off?

Plastic trim was easy to get off, frustrating putting back on. If you do not already have one, buy a pick set. There is a tiny hole in the plastic piece for removing with a tool (pick.)

Steps came off today. Sliders going on tomorrow.

20141104_165644.jpg

Awesome.

I took my steps off, and decided I really like the look without them.

recovering from knee surgery with days and days on my hands to play with I finally upgraded the fog lights in the ARB bull bar to some tech lights 3400Lumen flood LED

was an extensive trail and error with mounting brackets E.C.T, to get them to adjust easily! was worth it all in the long run and amazing at night in the country- see kangaroos hiding in the bushes from miles away

IMG_1165.JPG

recovering from knee surgery with days and days on my hands to play with I finally upgraded the fog lights in the ARB bull bar to some tech lights 3400Lumen flood LED

was an extensive trail and error with mounting brackets E.C.T, to get them to adjust easily! was worth it all in the long run and amazing at night in the country- see kangaroos hiding in the bushes from miles away

View attachment 961870
Nice! I've been planning to mount some amber leds in place of the whole fog/sidelight assembly

Yeah I had thought it was the windshield trim too. I am still trying to get it solved. I may try graphite like you, next.

I second checking the windshield...is it the original wind shield, or have you had it replaced. I had the same thing happen on my 4Runner and it drove me mad. When I eventually replaced the windshield, the sound was gone.

So, I haven't finished yet, but I bought some magnetic sheet rolls the other day and am planning on cutting them out in the shape of the body panels. I love going off road, but I hate the pin striping, so I'm hoping this will help with the trail scratches. I have no idea if they'll stick yet, but I figure if those game day magnets stay on at 80 mph, these sheets should too.

Yeah, it is the original OE green tinted Toyota Glass.

Slightly off topic:

Anyone else noticed that their glass is "soft"?

I have a little bit of hazing on my glass. Upon closer inspection, the hazing is actually tons of the tiniest little chips you have ever seen--smaller than a grain of sand. It was obviously caused by the PO, but because the glass is not cracked, I am not going to replace it. I wonder if I can get it polished by a local glass supplier?

So, I haven't finished yet, but I bought some magnetic sheet rolls the other day and am planning on cutting them out in the shape of the body panels. I love going off road, but I hate the pin striping, so I'm hoping this will help with the trail scratches. I have no idea if they'll stick yet, but I figure if those game day magnets stay on at 80 mph, these sheets should too.

What about just getting a clear 3M wrap or clear vinyl on the lower panels? You can just replace it when it get too scratched up for your tastes.

What about just getting a clear 3M wrap or clear vinyl on the lower panels? You can just replace it when it get too scratched up for your tastes.

True, I suppose I could, but probably not for the 30 bucks I spent on the magnetic sheets. Plus, I would only use them when I take it off road. I didn't realize they made a wrap for the body panels...I might have to look into that.

I believe it is pretty expensive. The only concern I would have, would be once you get a (trail)pinstripe on the film, could you buff it out like regular clearcoat? If not, you would have to ride around with scuffs until you got your wrap replaced.

For a full quality 3M or Avery wrap I was quoted $4000 not including door jam work. It won't be worth it unless you wrap the entire sides as mother nature has a mind of her own. At this rate, might as well wrap the whole thing to make it nice and even.

MS, this is how you add real value v. your "I believe it's pretty expensive" shoot then aim style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom