What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlake/THEROK,

I went through the trouble of copying and pasting the rules of this forum for you. I guess you failed to read it last time I called you out for your trollish behavior, which you're obviously butthurt over. I have even gone further and highlighted the parts that I think you should pay close attention to:

My main goal in the 200 series section is difficult to declare in any manner that might not come across as being overly "cautious". I say this due to the contentious nature of discussion--historically--between those whom own 200 series Cruisers (in all of their variations) and those who do not and maybe are here to get information, to see what the 200 series is all about, or other non-technical pursuits. There has been, as we all well know, significant amounts of mis-information and dis-information that has been posted here and represented as "bona fide technical information" about these vehicles that have become evident and apparent as being not only false but, using internet terminology, "troll-like behaviour."

This forum will continue to be an important area of technical information and knowledge. I want this section to be an informative area where those whom own the 200 can share tech tips, issues, modifications, upgrades, etc., without feeling like someone will come in and bash their vehicle and it's value to that individual. This location will also serve as an important location for those folks looking at the 200 series to add to their collection of Land Cruisers (perhaps) or if they are a first-time purchaser of a Toyota Land Cruiser, for this location to reflect the important heritage and history of this iconic vehicle.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Having the dealership pick up my LC today for a fuel level sending unit issue. The other day I was leaving work and it started, sputtered then died It would not start back up. I still showed a 1/4 tank and had no other issues. Checked all fuses and still nothing. Called my wife to pick me up since we had to be somewhere to be. I called a friend that works at a Toyota dealership and asked if he had any ideas. He said "is it a 5.7L and 07 and above?" I said yes. He said "we have been seeing failure on the Tundras. They come in no start with a 1/4 tank of gas". "Put gas dumbass" he says. I took my jerry can and 4 gallons to put in. Started right up after the gas. Good thing for extended warranty. Anyone else seen this issue? Been keeping it over a 1/4 tank for now.

Had the same thing happen on my FJ40. Turned out to be a short. The fuel had slowly corroded a rubber seal and once the seal failed, moisture/fuel made a short. (Apples vs. oranges I know, but you never know)

Having the dealership pick up my LC today for a fuel level sending unit issue. The other day I was leaving work and it started, sputtered then died It would not start back up. I still showed a 1/4 tank and had no other issues. Checked all fuses and still nothing. Called my wife to pick me up since we had to be somewhere to be. I called a friend that works at a Toyota dealership and asked if he had any ideas. He said "is it a 5.7L and 07 and above?" I said yes. He said "we have been seeing failure on the Tundras. They come in no start with a 1/4 tank of gas". "Put gas dumbass" he says. I took my jerry can and 4 gallons to put in. Started right up after the gas. Good thing for extended warranty. Anyone else seen this issue? Been keeping it over a 1/4 tank for now.
Happened to me but my tank was empty. Turn over to ACC and the needle would rise up a little, when i drove it home the night before didn't feel any sputtering and the next morning it wouldn't start. But i have had it start up and die right away a few times even with a full tank of gas

Yeah, it is the original OE green tinted Toyota Glass.

Slightly off topic:

Anyone else noticed that their glass is "soft"?

I have a little bit of hazing on my glass. Upon closer inspection, the hazing is actually tons of the tiniest little chips you have ever seen--smaller than a grain of sand. It was obviously caused by the PO, but because the glass is not cracked, I am not going to replace it. I wonder if I can get it polished by a local glass supplier?

Typical issue in the snow belt where they sand and salt roads. The windshield gets sand blasted and hazy. In the south you get pelted by semis and trucks with tires sitting out past the fenders with no mud flaps causing large chips then cracks.

Thank you. I think you are probably right about the snow and salts. What else could it be...

Thank you. I think you are probably right about the snow and salts. What else could it be...
A bit too late but over here some laminate the front windscreen to avoid it getting sandblasted. When i put my tint on i should've had it on the outside rather than in.

Last edited:
Happened to me but my tank was empty. Turn over to ACC and the needle would rise up a little, when i drove it home the night before didn't feel any sputtering and the next morning it wouldn't start. But i have had it start up and die right away a few times even with a full tank of gas

Have not had any other issue except that one

On the other side of running out of gas. when it seems I only have less than a gallon I really had 5 more gallons. The most I have ever filled is 20 gallons. When my indicator shows zero I think I am pushing it though I've read you can go another 50 miles? I even put another 100 miles at zero and still only filled 20 gallons? One day I might really push it and fill 21 gallons! Lol

Yes, please!

I know the "cruising range" can't be right, but I don't have the balls the try and see how off it really is. The most I have done is about 15 miles after "zero cruising miles"

I took it down to zero and thought I was pushing it, guess I need to grow a pair;)

The trip computer on these trucks really does need some tweaking. It doesn't make good adjustments as far as 'actual' fuel economy goes per tank...On a 100% highway trip recently I filled up with 0 miles showing as the cruising range, and based on the amount of gas I put in the truck could easily have gone another 100 miles.

Call me crazy or just a lover of math, but I reset my mileage gauge at each fill up, dividing the miles by gallons when I fill up. As a general rule, when my low fuel light comes on I have 5 to 6 gallons of gas left. Period. Every time.

I've never really taken stock in the consumption or left till empty gauges on any of my vehicles.

Last edited:
Dang, that is a huge discrepancy. I need to just carry around a 5 gallon can one day and drive until it stops. That might be the only way to find out.

Call me crazy or just a lover of math, but I reset my mileage gauge at each fill up, dividing the miles by gallons when I fill up. As a general rule, when my low fuel light comes on I have 5 to 6 gallons of gas left. Period. Every time.

I've never really taken stock in the consumption or left till empty gauges on any of my vehicles.
My trip 1 consists of daily mileage
Trip 2 is reset at every fill up. Even when pushing the cruiser i know i can get to 520kms before empty. With eco driving it can go over 600kms

Dang, that is a huge discrepancy. I need to just carry around a 5 gallon can one day and drive until it stops. That might be the only way to find out.

Both my 80's and 100's the fuel light would come on at 300 miles and I could get 20 gallons in the tank. Sometime 19something, others 21something. The 200 I'm getting on average 330-340 miles when the low fuel light comes on. I can get about 20 gallons in the tank when I'm filling it back up, just like my 80's and 100.

Just do what I've been doing... really, I'm not only smart I'm also one handsome SOB.

You'll begin to realize your average gallons per fill up (about 20 gallons) versus the quantity your tank holds. Plus the confidence of your mileage gauge you had reset at the previous filling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom