What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I purchased a pack of 10 white eagle eye LED's to go in the wings of my front bumper. Also got a couple of these cool little 9.5" LED stripes to stick on the receiver hitch crossmember and wire into the reverse lights in hopes of adding a little more back-up light. Should be interesting to see how this turns out, I live by the motto that you can never have too many LED's! :cheers:

Greased the crap out of both F and R driveshafts + joints and did a few runs up/down the street and that stupid clunk is gone! ...for now. :bounce:

I purchased a pack of 10 white eagle eye LED's to go in the wings of my front bumper. Also got a couple of these cool little 9.5" LED stripes to stick on the receiver hitch crossmember and wire into the reverse lights in hopes of adding a little more back-up light. Should be interesting to see how this turns out, I live by the motto that you can never have too many LED's! :cheers:

Can you maybe do a write up of your install?

Let me know how the install goes @TheForger

I recently did the same thing. I'll edit and post pics in a bit but essentially I ran a power wire from the front to a relay, wired the relay by tapping into my reverse lights and ran that to two trailer style LED lights on my rear bumper. Now I can see out of my windows at night :D and in case anybody didn't know, 15% tint definitely limits mirror visibility at night.

6hTTbzS.jpg

Here is right after I cut the holes in the bumper and installed the lights.

mEMaKAf.jpg

Mounted and trimmed the bumper. Also cut a hole for that hitch.

Don't have any pictures of light output, and I doubt I'll ever remember to take one. It's not ridiculously bright but get the job done.

In other news, I got a snorkel a couple weeks ago. Don't trust myself to do the install so I'm going to have ACC do it in a few weeks. Also got a new subwoofer and the old one is looking for a new home.

Last edited:
Those wheels look great.

Changed the AHC fluid:
Before:
before.jpg

After:
after.jpg

Then I washed and waxed her.
It was just warm enough to put one quick coat of wax on!

@mbusa1 Will do!

Let me know how the install goes @TheForger

I recently did the same thing. I'll edit and post pics in a bit but essentially I ran a power wire from the front to a relay, wired the relay by tapping into my reverse lights and ran that to two trailer style LED lights on my rear bumper. Now I can see out of my windows at night :D and in case anybody didn't know, 15% tint definitely limits mirror visibility at night.

6hTTbzS.jpg

Here is right after I cut the holes in the bumper and installed the lights.

mEMaKAf.jpg

Mounted and trimmed the bumper. Also cut a hole for that hitch.

Don't have any pictures of light output, and I doubt I'll ever remember to take one. It's not ridiculously bright but get the job done.

In other news, I got a snorkel a couple weeks ago. Don't trust myself to do the install so I'm going to have ACC do it in a few weeks. Also got a new subwoofer and the old one is looking for a new home.

What are the advantages of running the wires through a relay versus just going straight into the reverse light wiring? Also, where exactly did you tap into the reverse wiring? I've been looking for good places but with no success. Don't know if I should I go just a few inches back from the connector or somewhere farther down the wire.

EDIT: I am also working on completing a pair of limb risers. Already have all of the parts painted just waiting for the tube clamps to come in since I don't want to drill through my front bumper:cool:

Installed Midland 75-822 and antenna, SWR on 40 is 1.0 or less, Ch 1 was 1.1. For those ever growing construction sites in my area so I can get the information on the traffic situation from the Professional drivers before I take the exit and get stuck in traffic for 2 hours. Working on my technician license now.

Had ABRA install new windshield today - the PO had installed a replacement and whoever did the install did a poor job: lots found noise, whistling at highway speeds, etc. Bought all new OEM seals and such, should be like new now.

New_windshield.jpg

@mbusa1 Will do!

What are the advantages of running the wires through a relay versus just going straight into the reverse light wiring? Also, where exactly did you tap into the reverse wiring? I've been looking for good places but with no success. Don't know if I should I go just a few inches back from the connector or somewhere farther down the wire.

EDIT: I am also working on completing a pair of limb risers. Already have all of the parts painted just waiting for the tube clamps to come in since I don't want to drill through my front bumper:cool:

I actually know next to nothing about relays but as it has been explained to me many times, a relay basically draws on an existing circuit to act as a switch. This means that you are adding next to no stress on the circuit, which is a good thing. Running straight through the reverse light circuit could put too much stress on the system and it could fail meaning no reverse lights at all.

I tapped into the big wire loom running beneath the tailgate but tapped into like 4 incorrect wires so I gave up there. But if I were to do it again I would tap in at that spot on the correct wire. I tapped straight behind the bulb so that I could be sure it was the correct wire. Then I ran my wire out from the bottom of the tail light. Doesn't look pretty if you know what you're looking at, but nobody knows that it's not supposed to be there.

I actually know next to nothing about relays but as it has been explained to me many times, a relay basically draws on an existing circuit to act as a switch. This means that you are adding next to no stress on the circuit, which is a good thing. Running straight through the reverse light circuit could put too much stress on the system and it could fail meaning no reverse lights at all.

I tapped into the big wire loom running beneath the tailgate but tapped into like 4 incorrect wires so I gave up there. But if I were to do it again I would tap in at that spot on the correct wire. I tapped straight behind the bulb so that I could be sure it was the correct wire. Then I ran my wire out from the bottom of the tail light. Doesn't look pretty if you know what you're looking at, but nobody knows that it's not supposed to be there.

That's right...

The relay basically has two sides: The low current side which is triggered by whatever your original "source" is....in this case the backup lights.... and a high current side.

The high current side is fed from a different power source (Many times this is from heavier gauge wires run back to the main battery), when the relay is tripped by the backup light wire on the low-current side of the relay, it opens up the high-current side and allows power to flow from those heavy gauge wires to whatever the new device is that you are trying to run (offroad lights, etc).

The relay just gives you a safe way to provide a lot of current to power-hungry accessories, without trying to pull all of that current through the small factory harness and blowing fuses (best case) or melting those wires and causing a fire (worst case).

-G

Did an oil and oil filter change.
Ready for another 10,000 kms.
I have to look at the ARB bar again and straighten it up.
Every time it is moving and hitting the body. How are others avoiding this?

Cleaned MAF and dirty throttle body (before & after pics) on my new-to-me 2004 LC with 134k on the clock. Popped in an ebay'ed k&n filter after cleaning and lightly oiling. Installed SG2 and idling right about 700rpm once warmed up.

Throttle body was a little tricky to access since the intake hose didn't want to move much. I was able to move it to the side after a bit though without removing any other fasteners besides the intake hose clamp.

1422335909343.jpg

1422335919960.jpg

1422335967751.jpg

1422336007645.jpg

1422336193388.jpg

First time digging into the brakes...

Remanufactured front calipers (Napa)
Hawk LTS pads
Napa rotors
Repacked bearings
Flushed the brake fluid

Night and day difference.

On a side note, original pads and rotors. The outside of the rotors were smooth and good. The inside were the worst I have ever seen. 177k on original rotors, pads, and calipers.

5 hours total time in.

Just installed a Reese tow hitch. Only surprise was I had to move the factory towing wire harness, but a very easy installation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom