What do you think of my build so far??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wow, remind to never piss you off! :)
AAAAAHHHH shucks I'm a lover not a fighter:lol:!

I do get :mad: some times but typically I'm pretty mellow.:D

Farr off road -
Thanks for the hookup. They welded up my exhaust bracket and were a lot of fun to chat with.
thanks again.

Roy........:rolleyes: Don't do it dude! With the way you go through vehicles, you're gonna kill the resale. Besides, any roll & that small & light guage tube will crumple into your body panels :eek: You're gonna need a tube roller for those rear whellwell curves, BTW. Your tube guy have one? If you keep an inner cage HIGH & TIGHT, like I did on my :pig: you shouldn't have any clearance problems. Yeah, it's more work due to headliner removal & possible glass removal, but if you design it where you can fully weld all tubes, It'll be a *better choice. Oh yeah, plan on bracing to the frame at all points. JMO :cheers:

Last edited:
Looks Good! Question? In the rear, on the quarter pannel what happens if you drop hard in a rock? Are you going to add protection lower, to protect the under side or is the camera angle make it look this way? Bumpers look good all around sliders included!

Roy........:rolleyes: Don't do it dude! With the way you go through vehicles, you're gonna kill the resale. Besides, any roll & that small & light guage tube will crumple into your body panels :eek: You're gonna need a tube roller for those rear whellwell curves, BTW. Your tube guy have one? If you keep an inner cage HIGH & TIGHT, like I did on my :pig: you shouldn't have any clearance problems. Yeah, it's more work due to headliner removal & possible glass removal, but if you design it where you can fully weld all tubes, It'll be a *better choice. Oh yeah, plan on bracing to the frame at all points. JMO :cheers:

I already have clearance problems!!!! An int cage is NOT an option for me atleast not one that I will consider. Been there done that and they ALWAYS get in my way. Besides, as I stated before, they don't give you any sheet metal protection....talk about lowering the resale value, dents and rock rash are the worst!!!

I'm planning to use 1.5" .120 wall DOM. My fab guy said they use that to build dune race cars that run 130mph in the desert and it holds up when they crash and roll! :eek:

So Chuck, IYO what size tubing should I use? You know I value your O'S because you are the master:pig:fab'r:D!

No tube roller. Just going to make short little bends.:hillbilly:

Last edited:
Looks Good! Question? In the rear, on the quarter pannel what happens if you drop hard in a rock? Are you going to add protection lower, to protect the under side or is the camera angle make it look this way? Bumpers look good all around sliders included!

I think it's mainly the camera angle because the wings are pretty close to being even with the bottom of the quarter but yes I will have tubing running to the frame for added protection!

I think of a cage more as a life saving addition, rather than both a life & sheet metal saving addition as you do. I see your point about the exo in the inner space savings. I agree the inside of an 80 is too small for a sumo wrestler :hillbilly: With the amount of bracing you have shown, I think 1.5 DOM would be a good choice. Looks too busy in the rear as you show & I'm sure your tube guy can clean it up some. Heck, when it comes to resale, you could just cut it off more easily than an inner cage.

Heck, when it comes to resale, you could just cut it off more easily than an inner cage.
My thoughts too!

Keep in mind I don't plan on EVER rolling it! If I did ever roll it I would hope that it would be a very slow roll over:D!!!

I mainly want the protection against body damage. I see these trucks all the time where the fenders and doors and quarters are all beat up. Windows busted out ect. but never actually flipped it on it's lid just tons of damage! That's what I don't want! Yuh Dig?

I was going to post up a pick of a truck like that (lot's of rock rash damage) but haven't found one yet that was easy to post:doh:! If anyone has one feel free to post it up...pic's worth a thousand words! So they say.

Progress!!!

New 1/4" steel front winch plate.

93FZJ80001.jpg

Hoop over the hood.

93FZJ80005.jpg

93FZJ80006.jpg

Reciever hitch.

93FZJ80003.jpg

93FZJ80004.jpg

One of the wing braces just tacked on...there will be 2 on each side and don't worry they will be completely welded just haven't done it yet!

93FZJ80008.jpg

More to come tomorrow! :clap:

Make sure you can get the cowl off otherwise our next windshield replacement might suck.

Hey Christo, thanks for the heads up!:D

We are putting it right there on the seam so that the hood would still open and you can still change out the wiper arms....but I didn't even think about the cowl!:eek: It looks like we're good though.

Looks too busy in the rear as you show & I'm sure your tube guy can clean it up some.

I took your advice....here's the concept....cleans it up alot!

NewEXO.jpg

Here's another option....which one is best?:confused:
NewNewEXO.jpg

Last edited:
lookin sweet, who's Bronco is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom