What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (91 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed Bluesea dual USB, Airlift 1000, and OBDII bluetooth scanner w/Torque app (last weekend). Oh and washed it with my 5 year old!

I put my tow hitch back on and helped a friend of mine move.

image-647432954.jpg
image-647432954.jpg

I ordered all LED lights for my 80 except for dash and headlights. Also bought some paint to change the dash up a bit, hopefully it works out.

Coming from wherever via the mobile

I have too many thing to accomplish in one weekend, but the list currently stands at;
  1. Slee short bus bumper
  2. Monstaliner
  3. CDL switch with 7 Pin mod
  4. Aux fuse panel
  5. Extra 12v outlets
  6. CB
  7. 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers
Pile 'o goodies:

Bumper removed:

Fenders removed and rear bumper corners:

Beer for Octoberfest dinner:

Grille and lights removed:

Prepping for Monstaliner:

Blacked-out behind light, bumper and grille:

Cut a hole in the rear crossmember last night for my 7/5/4way trailer wiring connection. Should get that finished up this week, and then just need my tranny cooler installed before snowmobile season starts! I got the truck with a 6way wiring plug mounted on a bracket below the rear bumper, it was the 1st part of the truck to hit the ground in some light wheeling, so that had to go.

Took my freshly baselined new-to-me 80 up in the mountains.
image-4140031968.jpg

What size tires are those? They look good.
And welcome :flipoff2:

345 KM2s. And back at ya. :) Looking forward to linking up with some fellow CO folk and doing some serious wheeling.

345 KM2s. And back at ya. :) Looking forward to linking up with some fellow CO folk and doing some serious wheeling.

is that a Staffie I see peeking out the window?

is that a Staffie I see peeking out the window?

Indeed, it is. Good eye!

That was his first trip in the new truck. He was a little nervous at first and let us know with lots of farting... But he warmed up to it eventually. I've had all types of dogs but that boy is my favorite. His personality is all marmaduke and he loves everyone.

How tall are 345's compared to 37"s? They look taller.

They measure out to something like 36.4". Gotta be honest, though - I'm already dreaming of 38" Intercos.

This was that same day playing in a spot close to Mt. Rosa.
image-2699306798.jpg

They measure out to something like 36.4". Gotta be honest, though - I'm already dreaming of 38" Intercos.

This was that same day playing in a spot close to Mt. Rosa.

If I were going 38"s I'd get XML's. any reason the rear flare is gone on both sides? Did you have rubbing or something?

If I were going 38"s I'd get XML's. any reason the rear flare is gone on both sides? Did you have rubbing or something?

The previous owner ripped 'em off wheeling. I thought about replacing them but I rub the rears on either side at full stuff anyway, so I'd eventually like to ditch the flares altogether.

The truck is scratched and dinged but mechanically sound, which is exactly what I wanted.

Tuscaloosa AL weekend

For starters, I saw a really nice 80 in Tuscaloosa when I was up for the Miss St. game this weekend, it was dark green with some 315's and looked really clean. If thats anyone on here, nice truck!
After the festivities on friday and saturday we got a group out and went shooting/ trail riding in Talladega National Forest and had a blast! The truck did some amazing things for being un-locked and in slippery bama clay. I have a couple vids but Idk if theyre worth uploading so heres a few pics of the last obstacle on the way out. She sunk like a battleship but my new Harbor Freight 12k winch did great even while half submerged in mud/water.

bamaweekend3.jpg

bamaweekend.jpg

bamaweekend2.jpg

For starters, I saw a really nice 80 in Tuscaloosa when I was up for the Miss St. game this weekend, it was dark green with some 315's and looked really clean. If thats anyone on here, nice truck!
After the festivities on friday and saturday we got a group out and went shooting/ trail riding in Talladega National Forest and had a blast! The truck did some amazing things for being un-locked and in slippery bama clay. I have a couple vids but Idk if theyre worth uploading so heres a few pics of the last obstacle on the way out. She sunk like a battleship but my new Harbor Freight 12k winch did great even while half submerged in mud/water.

bamaweekend3.jpg

bamaweekend.jpg

bamaweekend2.jpg

I saw that guy when i was pulling out of the liquor store friday. As far as I know he isnt a local, although a nice white 80 has moved into town.

you should have stopped by DLC and told us you were heading into town.

I saw that guy when i was pulling out of the liquor store friday. As far as I know he isnt a local, although a nice white 80 has moved into town.

you should have stopped by DLC and told us you were heading into town.

would've liked to but we had a few girls with us that unfortunately have my by buddies by the b**** at all times and they wanted to be on their schedule. I had a blast up there and plan on being back sometime during spring semester though and it would be cool to go out wheeling with some other cruisers.

BTW, is DLC a shop, club, or ??

would've liked to but we had a few girls with us that unfortunately have my by buddies by the b**** at all times and they wanted to be on their schedule. I had a blast up there and plan on being back sometime during spring semester though and it would be cool to go out wheeling with some other cruisers.

BTW, is DLC a shop, club, or ??

Dixieland Cruisers, link in my sig.

Owned a set of Trail Teams wheels when I had my FJC, a set that happens to be one of my all time favorite wheel styles. Wanted to keep them but didn't see the point in keeping a narrower rim as I plan to run 345's on the very solid 80 wheels. So I decided to blend the two and make a Trail Teams 80 wheel.

image-1550884825.jpg
image-1550884825.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom