What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

would an Arduino work?

Added a blind spot mirror. They increased the local highway speeds to 70mph and everyone is now driving well beyond that. Close calls with a few speedsters passing on the right lane while I merge despite the freakishly fast acceleration of the 80.

EFORCAR(R) 2PCS Car Mirror Side View Blind Spot & Wide Mirror Stick on Auxiliary Angle Adjustable Amazon.com: EFORCAR(R) 2PCS Car Mirror Side View Blind Spot & Wide Mirror Stick on Auxiliary Angle Adjustable: Automotive

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

New birfs and brakes plus knuckle and bearing overhaul. terrain tamer birfs, 8o rotors and 100 pads from Onur. Rebuild kit from Kurt.

Anyone had issues with 100 pads dragging super tight on fresh rotors? Have some searching before diving back in tomorrow for the rear brakes.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Did you pull the squeal pads off the back of the 100 pads? Mine were way too tight with them on. I used an aftermarket pad FYI.

1418244571438-jpg.1003858

New birfs and brakes plus knuckle and bearing overhaul. terrain tamer birfs, 8o rotors and 100 pads from Onur. Rebuild kit from Kurt.

Anyone had issues with 100 pads dragging super tight on fresh rotors? Have some searching before diving back in tomorrow for the rear brakes.
View attachment 1250496 View attachment 1250498 View attachment 1250499 View attachment 1250500

Thanks @scottryana. I had read that too and was prepared to remove but these actually came with no squeal pad on them at all. Bare backing plate

I've now wired my third Harrop elocker. It's all really easy now using the magic dial. I've realized I need to buy a pack of Toyota wire terminals so I can do a better job of doing a splice. Right not I have to cut away some of the wire coating and splice the old fashioned way. Quick splice, a little solder and some heat shrink and good to go.

View attachment 1250311

Say what? Who's was that...Eric's?

Finally got my transfer case linkage figured out and got the rig out on the trails around ellensburg. I would not do an h42 swap again, but now that I have it I love it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Finally got my transfer case linkage figured out and got the rig out on the trails around ellensburg. I would not do an h42 swap again, but now that I have it I love it.

View attachment 1250549

View attachment 1250550

That's the first I've heard of someone doing an H42 swap in an 80 series. In a 62, sure. Something cool about the H42 though. 3rd gear is like a multi-purpose 15mph to 65mph tool... almost makes you forget its a manual in congested traffic. Not sure if that's an issue where you live :eek:

As far as I know I am the 4th to do it and the second guy welded up the clutch pedal bracket for me. It would be way better with an h55, but I am planing on going 6bt nv4500 this winter. I will probably sell my drivetrain as a more or less plug and play set up for someone.

That's funny. I was PCV in Kedougou too. 1998-2000. It would be one of those small world moments if she were there same time as me.
She was there from the fall of 99' to Dec of 01'. I'll PM you for more details.

I'm officially on team Prinsu! Pretty excited about it....but what is with the 9000 nuts and bolts and no instructions!?!
So my initial excitement quickly turned to confusion and feeling overwhelmed..........
image.jpeg

.......then to me retreating to the couch for a sleep and putting it off for another day!
image.jpeg

joey likes to give away "likes" too easily!!! she hasn't even put it together yet!! prinsu brough jen to her knees!

Last edited:
I'm officially on team Prinsu! Pretty excited about it....but what is with the 9000 nuts and bolts and no instructions!?!
So my initial excitement quickly turned to confusion and feeling overwhelmed..........
View attachment 1250560

.......then to me retreating to the couch for a sleep and putting it off for another day!
View attachment 1250561
Each bag has a different set of bolts. One is the wind deflector, one is for the mounting feet, and one is for the crossbars.
I put a crossbar on the front and back on the floor. Then I put it up on saw horses and added the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom