What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (99 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally tried hauling a trailer with my 4x4 Labs. Towed the Heep with no issues.

View attachment 1141050[/QUOTE]

I've been surprised by what a pig will pull (pulled pork?). I did this before I put the OME bling on:

Slow but steady......

I finally tried hauling a trailer with my 4x4 Labs. Towed the Heep with no issues.

View attachment 1141050

I've been surprised by what a pig will pull (pulled pork?). I did this before I put the OME bling on:
Slow but steady......[/QUOTE]

Does each dollar bill indicate every time it's been upside down?!

^ You counted? :clap:
There were 143 dollars on the hood, I think that in the 20 or so years I wheeled the jeep and that thing, I was probably into four figures....:bounce:

The jury is still out on this "mod", but I made the commitment and cut the holes...

May opt for a Subie scoop at some point but could't find one at a reasonable price...

Found this at Ross... Ya Ross... Never know what you will find, at 15bucks figured I'd give it a try.

Hoping this will direct "cool" air down the back of the engine and down the pass side exhaust floorboard.

I dig it!

At first I was like.... Wow I didn't know there was rock like that in GA... Minus the paint, had no idea. Prob had no idea because of what you said, it's all privately owned and closed.

-A

There isn't rock like that in Georgia. It's an old mining location. They stripped the soil off until they hit rock, mined it for a while, while building some local roads, and quit. The road going up there is paved until the last few hundred yards, which is dirt and rutted out from runoff from the mountain top.

It's the whitish dirt spot here.

Google Maps

The downside of the spot is that local hang gliders have permission to use it as a launch. They'll likely suffer losing a rare location for their sport.

View attachment 1141050

Slow but steady......[/QUOTE]

I'd say I'll tow my trailer anytime. She didn't even hesitate!

How much did that weigh?

@pilotuku:
The trailer was just under 800 lbs, and the buggy about 2200, so a tick under 3,000 for the whole load. I could legally and truthfully license my trailer as a "Home-built, under 3,000 GVW."
I made the trailer from 2x4 .080 wall box tube, and pieces from the trailer store. The axle was a narrowed 5k 6-lug torsion unit. Before I mounted the axle, the whole assembly was light enough that I could turn it over by hand to weld on the bottom.

Believe it or not, I enjoy it. Do agree it's PITA!
But what a satisfaction when everything is back!

I'm with the other guy. Not only does it look horrific, it looks like the kind of thing where I'd miss one small detail and need to repeat the whole job twice.

Tried installing new led headlights after DS bulb burned out
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443875147.043778.jpg

Sadly, neither of the new LED bulbs seem to work....
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443875196.096250.jpg

Should have taken a pic, but picked up a little 50cc quad for my little girl. Fits perfectly in the back of an 80. ;) May need to get some ramps however, the lift on my truck makes it a bit of bear loading solo.

IMG_0611.JPG

Whered ya get that? Id like to delete my reese hotch, but need towing capability.

I built it with a fabricator friend of mine. I'm not sure how strong it is but I imagine that it's ok for basic towing, nothing ridiculously heavy. If you go to a local metal shop, you can get the steel for $20 or so and then you just need to find a sop that's wiling to weld it for you.

Is the plug made to only plug in one way? I know I had some led that wouldn't work until I flipped them around and plugged in other way. Good luck.

The plug was one way, but I completely forgot to see about testing the polarity.... Hmmm, project for tonight. eBay seller is local, so replacement is on it's way.

Thanks for the reminder.

Wc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom