What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've had them maybe four months or so, not very long. Read great reviews here on Mud about them but can't remember exact longevity from those who posted... Someone might chime in who's had them longer. They do work pretty great though!

Hahah! C'mon, the vise-grips are great! I like the price of those...I have never heard anything good about the aftermarket supports. Thay reportedly don't last very long. Have you used those?
4 years and still kick ass! They are STRONG. I didnt get the cruiseryard ones. But mine are so strong that if you dont have your hand on the hatch when you push the button, you get a hatch to the face when it fly's open.

One of the best mods Iv done on my truck. Highly recomend. For $30... they are way worth it IMO

FINALLY got my 60 back from the shop last weekend. We had been chasing issues with the power steering all summer, eventually replacing tie rod ends, rebuilding the pump 3 times (once by me, twice by a local steering components shop), trying a different rebuilt pump (supplied by steering components shop after first two failed rebuilds), rebuilding the steering gear box, blowing out fluid lines, triple checking EVERY steering component.... but we still couldn't get any steering assist... We eventually decided to track down a new Toyota pump just to eliminate the other rebuilt ones as the variable.... then it worked. :bang: I still don't really know why those other pumps were BOTH failures after rebuilds. Comerson's Toy Shop was great to work with and made sure it was done right, I highly recommend them.

Once I had it back home I could finally mount the third gen 4runner wheels I've had sitting in the backyard all summer. I've been pretty curious to see what they would look like on a 60. (sorry for the blown out cell phone pics)

DSC_0143_1 by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

DSC_0145_1 by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

DSC_0139_1 by Darrell Vaughn, on Flickr

I just rebuilt my ps gear box with the rebuild kit from rock auto. I ended up with a lot of play. What happened with the ones you rebuilt?

Monstalined the rig. Turned out pretty good. Hopefully glass and tint next week.

J

P1050571.JPG
P1050612.JPG
P1050646.JPG
P1050656.JPG

I just rebuilt my ps gear box with the rebuild kit from rock auto. I ended up with a lot of play. What happened with the ones you rebuilt?

We only rebuilt the gear box that was in my truck once, the pumps were what were rebuilt multiple times. I don't know what ended up happening to the first two pumps, probably on the shelf at the shop that did the work for me.

A different shop (hack), changed the TRE's prior to bringing it to the shop that did the steering work, and they neglected to put a cotter pin in the passenger side drag link end. That allowed the tension screw to back out to the point where it was nearly falling out, and the steering was SUPER sloppy. (almost 90* of play in the steering... it was terrifying to drive... could have ended verrrrryyyy badly...) Just something to take a quick look at if you still cant track down the slop.

We only rebuilt the gear box that was in my truck once, the pumps were what were rebuilt multiple times. I don't know what ended up happening to the first two pumps, probably on the shelf at the shop that did the work for me.

A different shop (hack), changed the TRE's prior to bringing it to the shop that did the steering work, and they neglected to put a cotter pin in the passenger side drag link end. That allowed the tension screw to back out to the point where it was nearly falling out, and the steering was SUPER sloppy. (almost 90* of play in the steering... it was terrifying to drive... could have ended verrrrryyyy badly...) Just something to take a quick look at if you still cant track down the slop.

Thanks. I will check that out.

Went camping at Butlers beach. Yorke Peninsula. Poser pic of my posessed weimaraner Marley

I spy a Makita job site radio! Good work there. Mine is my most important tool on the job when they're allowed.

I took down the kayak, checked the transmission oil level (has a small leak). Then I spent the rest of the day drooling over Reevesci's truck.

Bookmarked a ton of pages containing goodies I'll be buying soon.
Cleaned out the cargo area.
Fabbed up a pull cable for the back seat release.
Said a lot of dirty words when I couldn't find the bag for my jumper cables.
Ordered front sway bar bushings, plugs and oil filter. Also ordered a Charley Patton cd and oil filter for my Honda S2000 at the same time.

Took the kids the dog and the new adventure trailer to Asheville for Overland Expo East. Had a blast froze our nutz off 35? overnight.

1412553552238.jpg
1412553580663.jpg

1412553645718.jpg

did some touch up paint on the bumper and headed out for a drive with a buddy. headed out East Main on Vancouver island. Got ourselves down a trail which progressively got worse, ended up having no choice but to carry on, only to find a dead end. after a couple different runs at different lines back up the narrow path, (hill on one side, cliff on the other) I was able to get the beast to scramble up and over. somehow lost my cigarette lighter in the process....didn't think that was going to be the biggest issue of the day but happy it was!

IMG_2591.JPG
IMG_2511.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom